The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread | Page 50 | FerrariChat

The Lewis "Elton" Hamilton Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by nsxrebel, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    True, but there can be no doubt that, on paper, the Merc was faster at more circuits than the Ferrari. The Merc was clearly harder to set up and had a very narrow window of optimum performance than the Ferrari, but when they got it right it was clearly ahead. That's one reason why Vettel was able to take the lead in the first half of the season, but once the Merc engineering team understood the alchemy needed to get the Merc to perform, they were never going to be beaten. And... they won the development race too.

P.Singhof and Bas like this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes agreed, Merc did there homework throughout the year.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If he stayed on the outside of turn one at the start instead of the inside he could have won the race.
    But if he did not collide at the start but the start would have been the same as we saw it would have been Max, Lewis and Seb as I doubt that any of the cars was fast enough to overtake the other two...Bottas was never in the game for winning this...

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Now Crapilton wants to become "Sir Crapilton", lololo, this keeps getting better and better!!!

5. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes it makes you wonder why was Bottas never in the game for winning this race if the car was so good, that is of course if we put it all down to the car.

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Oh...so Bottas is now the measurement for Lewis´"greatness"?
    But you are free to compare the number two drivers Bottas and Raikkonen to valuate the cars ;)

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well we don't have a lot to go on other than team mate comparisons on this occasion, Hamilton had more or less wrapped up this season and his car had been damaged, so it was an ideal situation for Bottas to go for a win, and show how good the car is..

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I thought the race was great. Hamilton had a crap recovery, but oh well.

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Ah yes, Bottas. The guy that tied Massa in races they both finished during their time together. Clearly the measure of all drivers. LOL

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ

Still so bitter about Hamilton's LOSS to Rosberg. Lol, plus you act like Nico never had any misfortune in 2016. Hell, should we bring up 2014 when he had a massive WDC lead then his steering wheel stops working in Singapore that year? Hmm

daytona355 likes this.
  11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Clearly you are missing the point, but never mind eh.

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Well...he still finished in front of Raikkonen didn´t he ;)

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair point, proving the driver can make a difference in steering the best built cars ..;)

14. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I'm not mad at all...such things happen in racing.
    2014? Ah, that was great year for Lewis - 11 race wins, that's over double Nico's total. :D
    Anyway, I didn't bring up ancient history, the Hamilton-haters did.
    It's 2017 now and Lewis is your Champion again...

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You ban me for one month, yet he gets to spew all sorts of nonsense, I am glad I left this forum and never resubscribed.

16. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I feel for you mate, the low posters turn up, spew deliberate troll posts at the tifosi to see who they can get banned

The mods should filter the low posters and see they are just being spiteful trolls kicking Ferrari supporters while the team is in a trough

Send them back to social media with their hero, the bad spelling will be out of sight then :)

Bas likes this.
  17. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The member you refer to has, on occasion, also been moderated. If you would report inappropriate content (not just a differing opinion) rather than defend your offended delicate sensibilities by calling someone a moron, then perhaps you would not feel so persecuted after stepping so obviously across the line that has been drawn so very clearly. You only have yourself to blame for your own exclusion from the forum.

If you're glad you left and the only reason you came back is to make a few "good riddance posts", then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

It is not a prerequisite of membership and participation in the F1 section to be a supporter of Ferrari. However, it is a prerequisite that you are able to conduct yourself with civility in a debate. If you cannot debate points without resorting to vulgarities and personal attacks, then you do not belong here - whether you support Ferrari or not is immaterial to the moderation of the F1 section.

If you are offended by the fact that supporters (some of whom have owned Ferraris and other exotics) of other teams and drivers dare to post in the F1 section, then find another F1 discussion area because this one isn't for you.

Sincerely,
    Andrew.

kraftwerk likes this.
  18. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Andrew its that attitude why a lot of older and good members left. I myself don't frequent as often as I used to as this forum has gotten way too polluted to even bother anymore.

I also didnt renew my subscription. At first it was problems with PayPal then i started reading again and realized the new members get preferential treatment over long term subscribers which seemed odd to me. I've been banned myself for attacking the trolls on occasion and I also lobbied for stricter rules. I never thought I'd be the one to get banned instead of them but rules are rules.

Just my opinion.

19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I have always believed that if you don't have the "thick" skin to handle what anyone dishes out and you abide by the rules, then you have no business discussing your point of view or for that matter replying to anothers point of view without being able to handle it. Move on and as Neurobeaker said, "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!"

as I will renew my subscription. Love the talk on hear regardless of who it is or what its about because to me it says alot about both parties.

20. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If attempting to equally apply the rules and trying to avoid bestowing a Tifosi bias in the moderating has caused good members to leave, then they were not good members in the first place.

Sincerely,
    Andrew.

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Joe, I enjoy your posts as they are very informative and NEVER offensive from what I've read.

What gets my goat (haha) is when some users come into this section for no other purpose than to slap Ferrari fans in the face with the diatribe that dribbles out their mouth.

They are generally extremely low numbered posters and only appear after a Hamilton success and start calling all the anti -Hamilton users haters.

That in itself is against the rules and I don't care if they have a Ferrari or not (mostly not, so no skin in the game) but to blatantly get in people's faces in a forum (hold it, is this a Ferrari forum ??!!) where they know they will cause the most grief should be nipped in the bud.

I like the F1 section for the information and light-hearted banter between the usual suspects (there are some users that can be deleted using the new ignore software which has improved my enjoyment even more so) but when the kids get on here and start this Elton worship while denigrating all others it really should be prevented by your good self and the other mods before people like Bas, Aircon and myself get banned for responding to the trolling (all we did was point out the falsehoods in their arguments)

I know most of the trolls won't understand this post from the following reasons :

1. too many big words
    2. too long a post for their attention span
    3. it's the truth

We should have a top 5 respected posters in the F1 section :)

Bas
    Joe
    Peter Singhof
    DF1
    Daytona355

There are many more good contributors I enjoy reading (furoni makes me laugh :) ) but the trolls are a wet blanket

Bas, jgonzalesm6 and daytona355 like this.
  22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Right, now why am I number five? I thought I'd be right at the top........ hehehehe. That huntsman spider under your toilet seat in the morning, that's what I left there for you. See I'm number three at least by then!

:)

Bas and moretti like this.
  23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

TifosiUSA has incredible insights and knowledge here as well. I think its best to treat this place as the pub of F1 - make a statement and let the others fire at will as you order the next round LOL

Bas, jgonzalesm6, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  24. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    His comments are ok but I think he googles too much .... but I wouldn't mind a beer with him and the rest of you guys .... not the low post trolls though, the group44 team **** me :)

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    My Mrs says I google too little, but I told her foreplay is overrated :)

jgonzalesm6, moretti and DF1 like this.