ROSBERG RETIRES! | Page 34 | FerrariChat

ROSBERG RETIRES!

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Dec 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I understand...you would never do something like this...you prefer calling others "psycho" and "smug" ;)

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Genau :)

3. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    Ah ok thanks for explaining . I knew it was nothing to do with Nicole.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Let's be clear..Elton sucks!!

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I wasn't even referring to him. You really don't think that British people harbor tremendous resentment over Rosberg beating Hamilton last year? Just look at the hate in 308's post. It's hilarious. LOL take off the blinders, fanboy

As for MSC, yes there is little doubt the English still haven't gotten over him putting a clown suit on every English driver and team for 15 years, that much is certainly true. Hell, they're still pissed about Damon Hill over 20 years ago. Strange stuff but those 91 wins and 7 titles ain't going anywhere soon no matter how mad you are about them. :)

daytona355 likes this.
  6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'am sure some Brits were hacked off Nico beat Lewis, that would be normal, personally it didn't bother me, obviously it was a great achievement for Nico probably more mentally than physically, that's why I believe he probably called it quits on his racing career in F1.

However what is annoying is you assuming and repeating the same old lines about butt hurt Brits, because I'm sure you're feeling the pain right now you refer to, I'am surprised you are even still watching it, glad that you are though. :)

MSC great as he was,and consequently dominating as he did made watching F1 boring in the end, in my opinion that is, but having said that, the same can apply to any driver dominating year after year.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #832 Ferrari 308 GTB, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    i do not 'hate' or hold 'resentment' over anything or anybody,you are reading too much into this ..i am very happy that you find it hilarious:) ,this forum get's much too excited over trivial matters,not to mention the rinse and repeat of battles from decades ago.

Nico won last year fair enough ,that does not mean anyone should turn into an instant fanboy of his.If he could have been bothered to man up and turn up to try do it again,then he would have a whole lot more respect from lots of folk who follow F1,including Poms,Frogs,Krauts,Clogs,even Yanks.

8. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Personally, I wouldn't give too much importance about such stereotypes; it's really giving too much credit to the media that like to stir up passions. I really don't think all the people from one country think the same. Opinions are split on many issues, and not dictated by nationality.

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I'm just going by what I see int he media, on social media, etc. The British press/fans go bananas against German drivers. Been that way for decades.

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I don't come in here crying like the LH fans after Rosberg snuck in one title. Sure I've had to put up with LH winning 3 out of the last 4 titles in all dominating car, but it is what it is. Just find it hard to believe how much the LH fans moaned after Rosberg (GOD FORBID) beat him. Not the first time a teammate has taken out Lewis and won't be the last so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No big deal agreed, and I can assure you, it didn't bother me in the slightest Nico getting his WDC, so I'am not sure who you referring to about crying, however it matters not to me.

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Go back and read the comments about Nico as written here in the forum: "unworthy", "loser", "not man enough to defend his title" and the list goes on and on
    What the Hamilton fans obviously do not understand at all: when they write down Nico, what does that say about Lewis winning over him two times and even losing once? I would say writing down Nico is counterproductive for their own arguments about Lewis beating the greatest team mates in history compared to the other multiple WDC who have only beaten "No.2" drivers...But they do not even seem to understand that

daytona355 and TifosiUSA like this.
  13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well I have no doubt there was some lashing out, but maybe that was the backlash from over the top fanatical fans from either side, but I'll take your word for it .

As far as I'am concerned, Nico was a worthy winner, I maybe not his biggest fan, but he was always super fast in qualifying, and I had noticed that way before he was ever a team mate to Lewis.

Caracciola likes this.
  14. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Decades ? Social media are relatively new. In the last 2 decades, there has only be 3 German drivers of any consequence, Schumacher, Vettel and Rosberg. Each one has become WDC. I think they each received their fair share of appreciation (and critics when deserved) from the British media. I would be hard not to acknowledge their achievements.
    You are stereotyping and overplaying this "Brits v. Germans" rivalry; it's old hat now. There are plenty of Schumacher, Ferrari, and Vettel supporters in UK, and not every Brit is a fan of Hamilton. Whatever the media print, the Brits are generally not anti-German; one indication is that they buy more German cars than anything else!

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There is still a heavy bias in sport. Wait until England play Germany at football, the media even play the theme music to the great escape, and dambusters, in previews of the game. The BBC and sky both like to ramp up the rivalry for many sporting events between the two countries, or two athletes/sportsmen from the two countries. The only thing that saves us is that Britain rarely produces any champions, so it doesn't come up that much these days, especially our football team who might as well not bother qualifying for all the tournaments they do so badly in in

16. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

The bias at the BBC is well know, and goes well beyond the scope of sport; it's probably better not to go much into it on this forum. But they do not reflect public opinion in most things. My experience is that the average Brit isn't anti-German, and the last generation doesn't have a clue about WWII, etc... But some British media like to stick to old clichés.

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Spot on, the media likes to think it's finger is on the pulse, whereas true brits are much more accepting culture than they are given credit for. The media likes to make the world believe brits are all Neanderthals thumping the table for their own sportsmen, rather than appreciating the value of other options

Caracciola likes this.
  18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Yeah only 3 Germans. One of the greatest and most successful ever (MSC), one is a 4 time WDC who dominated an era (VET) and one took out LH and was his biggest rival (ROS). So when you say "only" 3 - these are some big time drivers.

Lol you're kidding yourself if you think this is old hat. The amount of utter hate the British have for Schumacher, Vettel and Rosberg knows no bounds. They are still mad. Congrats you're one of the rare ones that doesn't harbor this resentment.

daytona355 likes this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As I said, I rarely felt any resentments in the UK because of my nationality, so far you are right...

But read the comments on the (mainly) British F1 websites under the articles that are sometimes posted here. Then you will find out that this forum here is extremly openminded in comparison although some say we are all biased. Read the "arguments" the Group44 has to say and you see that those medias represent a good amount of them. They talk about nationalities a lot...

My favourite "argument" why Lewis lost against Nico was because he was always favoured by Lauda because "Lauda hates all British drivers since he lost against Hunt"...not that it was Lauda that convinced Lewis to join Mercedes ;)

daytona355 and kraftwerk like this.
  20. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I won't try to convince you otherwise if you think all the Brits have it against the Germans. You must have your reasons to say that. After all, this is the only forum I visit, and I don't have any comparison with the foreign press, etc....
    I think you generalise too much.

kraftwerk likes this.
  21. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I don't read the German press, so I don't know if it is fair and unbiased when reporting about national drivers, or, if like the British media it tends to "over-egg the pudding" and denigrate foreign drivers sometimes when they are a threat to their own.

As for websites, some are created with a particular aim, and I would choose them as sample of opinion myself.

22. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Read "I wouldn't ...." In my last post.

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I wouldn't bother wasting your time, with a narrow mind.
    One of my good friends is German, his daughter plays in my band, his story of how he got here is unreal, I'll not go into it, only to say he hasn't got a bad word to say about living in the UK, and believe me he would know, considering the time of his arrival.

24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    German press is biased as well, that is for sure. Would be a surprise if not...but they do not go that far compared to their British counterparts. As said: I never saw a picture of German football players with steal helmet before a match against England. They would more be like "revenge for Wembley" than that stuff...

And I doubt that Lewis is getting that much hate in the German press as Schumacher did back in time in the UK. I do not remember who it was here in the forum that said "my girlfriend had no clue about racing but she thought Michael must have been the devil himself judging from the media in the UK"....

PS: About the websites...those comments are coming from the readers, so they give an opinion...

25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Never said "all" Brits. That said the attitude is pervasive.