308 GT4 Fog Lights | FerrariChat

308 GT4 Fog Lights

Discussion in '308/328' started by PDB, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi,

One of my front Carello fog lights has a hole in the lens, probably from a stone at some point in the past and I've been looking for a replacement.

I cant find any clear glass replacements, but I've found some yellow ones which were, I believe fitted to European cars (mine is a RHD UK car). My lights look like a matched pair, but can anyone tell me if the yellow lights had different glasses from each other?

Thank you,
    Paul

2. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I have some Cibie Driving / Fog Lights available. They are the Type 35 Airport Style Lights. The lenses are Clear with either Driving lens pattern or the extra, fluted type Fog Lens. I will only sell them in pairs. PM me if you are interested. Thank you.

Karl Robertson

3. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Karl,

Thank you for responding. I'd prefer to stick with original equipment if I possibly can. What do the Cibies look like and do they use the original style mounting?

Paul

4. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Do you lights have the Mountings on the Top or are they on the back? Send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures. I have both types, by the way. The lights with the rear mountings are rarer (?), the pendant type are more common.

5. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Karl,

The mountings are at the top.

Thanks,
    Paul

6. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Carello fog lights are practically impossible to source. Yellow lenses were for cars delivered in France.

7. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I believe GT4 and GTB/S Euro use different fog/driving lights.

Carello for GT4
    Cibie for GTB/S Euro

8. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thank you Piezo, my question was actually in regard to both lights on the same car rather than on different cars. My UK car has a pair of identical Carello fog lights, but I'm being told that Euro (French?) cars had two different lights fitted, one fog light and one spot light. can anyone confirm that for me please.

I have been able to source a correct glass to replace my broken one, so I now have to work out how/if I can successfully separate the broken glass from the reflector.

Paul

9. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Lots of carello fog lights come up on eBay. you can use your old housing with the lense from the new one.
    Yellow was for France. afik

Sent from my SM-N950W using FerrariChat.com mobile app