I thought I liked my Breitling....until today | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I thought I liked my Breitling....until today

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by whatspeedlimit?, Apr 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Reviving an old thread I found on Google. As above Tourneau has a lifetime battery warranty. 3 years ago, the same Mission Emergency quit working. Sent it back to Tourneau, who sent it Breitling and they said it needed a $600 "service". Mind youths is really a quartz watch. I decided to be nice and do it.
    Last month, like clock work, watch quit working again Definitely battery . Sent it to Tourneau NY since the Dallas store closed.
    You guessed it , email from Torneau stated it needed another $600 service. Today I got a phone call from Fiorna, I told her it did not need a service ( wore it maybe 3 times in 3 year) and told her to put a battery in it. She said they had sent it to Brietling and rudely told me to call them myself- she even gave me their phone number ( which is closed today).
    Note to self, NEVER buy from Tourneau.

The watch looks perfect , rarely worn. Trying to decide wether to pucker up and pay for a $600 battery but I am going to get $600 worth of a BS explanation about changing out a circuit board if I do ( which I will gladly post) or just have them mail it back and have one of the other guys on the internet replace?

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein

Aaahh,the beauty of an automatic......

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    #28 DevonL, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    That seems high... My buddy paid $400 for his Airwolf to be serviced (Breitling service center in CT), and then another $900 for a new bezel, case back and bracelet (he replaced those all due to damage a jeweler did when they polished the watch... he only asked for it to be cleaned).

Just realized this thread is from 2012, whoops.

4. KPete

KPete Rookie

Aug 16, 2010
    Pompano Beach
    Full Name:
    Kim
    To my fellow FerrariChat Breitling Emergency I watch owners: Instead of paying Breitling $600+ and waiting six weeks for its return, my last two battery changes – plus case and bracelet refinishing – cost me $169 + $29 tracked shipping with a 48-hour turnaround each time. The guys name is Chris and he's on eBay (Rolex_24) and has done a great job for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BREITLING-EMERGENCY-OR-EMERG-MISSION-BATTERY-SERVICE-CASE-BRACELET-REFINISHING/190820880596?hash=item2c6dcf90d4:g:s-cAAMXQMmJRXY~k

5. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Awesome, THANK YOU.

6. KPete

KPete Rookie

Aug 16, 2010
    Pompano Beach
    Full Name:
    Kim
    No problem, Doc. If you're like me, the battery issue significantly diminished the pleasure of owning the Emergency.

Losing a watch (that I use professionally) for 90+ days every other year is nuts – and paying $350 a year doesn't work for me. But $80 a year and a week gone every two years is not unreasonable. This guy Chris reclaimed my Breitling from the safe to my wrist.