F430 long distance drives, experiences? | FerrariChat

F430 long distance drives, experiences?

Discussion in '360/430' started by dwells, Oct 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwells

dwells Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Long distance as in, 150 miles straight. I plan on doing a drive to the beach While in CA.

Tubi Exhaust if that matters in terms of noise or drone.

How was your experience on a decent drive? seats good?

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have done 300 no probs

3. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Drove mine 700 miles to NC in one day, put 2k miles in next 5 days, then back to NJ again. It was fantastic

Mine had the factory bucket seats too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I've done 2 or 3 well over 1000 miles rod trips in Ferrari, absolutely loved it, the more you ask of it the more it gives, you only really get to know your car on a personal level when you go on a road trip. I feel sorry most of the ppl that buy an F car to drive to local CC and thats about it :(.

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  5. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I do 425 mile drives to Vegas at least once a year for service. My Daytona seats are very comfortable

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. dwells

dwells Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    Awesome! can not wait.

7. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Last winter I drove my 430 spider from Naples to Jacksonville (5 1/2 hrs) to get the ECUs tuned, turned around and drove back. The Daytona seats were very comfortable. I did wear Bose noise cancelling ear buds...I have AP headers and Tubi exhaust.

I plan to drive Chicago to Naples at the end of the month.

Cruise control would be nice!

8. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I do a 3,000 mile road trip each year. England to Italy. No problems. I find the Scuderia or Sport seats much more comfortable than standard, but none are really uncomfortable.

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Take some ear plugs if the tubi is loud, ok for a while but !!

sparetireless likes this.
  10. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    Did a 2000 mile round trip in Europe. Involved 2-3 hour drive stints in the morning and afternoon. Seats comfortable, wasn't fatigued. Was able to carry all the baggage I need for the trip plus fit in loads of bottles of wine picked up along the way.

I have AP headers and a Kline exhaust with a Forza controller. A GT would chew continents much more easily, but the F430 came very close when munching the miles.

11. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Many trips in our 360. Phoenix and Sedona every spring for baseball, couple to Monterey and Oregon via the PCH and one of over 2000 miles to Yosemite last summer with 24 other Ferraris. All great fun! I find the car super comfortable to drive, even past
    4-5 00 miles at a stretch. Stock exhaust and can hear the radio and wife fine at 80.

When we figured out we really liked doing this, bought a set of Piel leather luggage which fits the car like custom. Great gear but don't let the airlines touch it!

Potential for a flat should be addressed. We cross the desert frequently and there are no adequate tire shops in Bum F___ AZ. We carry an inflator (with connector for the battery tender connection), can of Fix - A- Flat and a plug kit.

Have a great time.

Regards, Andy

12. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    It's very manageable.
    My dislikes: the shoulders of the Daytona seats aren't comfortable for me.
    The stereo sound quality, esp if you have a tubi. The OEM stereo gets overpowered by the sound of the car. It's like listening to music on an iPhone without speakers or headphones.
    But I wouldn't hesitate to make the drive, you'd prob enjoy it overall as long as you get nice weather.

13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Last april i drove me 430 from florida to pittsburgh 1,100 miles. Just this past monday i drove it back to florida. It was a great trip. The car ran flawlessly

14. gaxor

gaxor Rookie

Jul 19, 2017
    Surrey - UK
    Just driven from London to Spa in Belgium via Germany. 400 miles per day incl 150mph on German autobahn. in an F430 Spider with roof down Car didn't miss a beat. As a previous poster commented, the more you drive them the better they get!

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Just did a hard 150 mile mountain drive and everything went great. Do it at least once a month and she has been perfect.

16. dwells

dwells Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    How was your Yosemite trip? Been many times while I lived in CA. did you camp or find cover parking while there?

17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    2.5 hour drives no problems. seats are not comfortable though. the curvy roads are great but long freeway driving gets a bit redundant

18. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I could do it in my Daytonas, but not my Scud Seats. Thinking about putting my Daytona seats back in.

19. chdavis

chdavis Karting

Sep 19, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I drive my 430 about 10k miles per year, many road trips. Honestly, I think the car runs much, much better under such driving behavior.

20. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    not a fan of doing a long distance all at once, driving position is a little too tall with power daytonas, no cruise control and lots of noise. But in terms of can the car do it, absolutely. No issues at all just not very comfortable.

21. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I don't enjoy driving long distance in any car but especially the 430 or the 458. I've done one long trip in both. There won't be another. I'm talking 500-700 miles in a day. Driving through twisty roads would be great. Straight road trip. No way. I would rather drive our Kia. Seriously.

22. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    To the OP, 150 miles is no problem. Rock on. It will be fun.

23. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    I drove 27.000km in 2,5 years with my F430 spider.
    2 trips to Italy, 3500 each.
    Had the carbon bucket seats and they where very comfortable.
    Everything without a glitch and loved every km of it :D

24. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    My greatest concern would be the lack of a spare tire. My one other car that has no spare has run-flats; my 430 does not.

25. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    The longest drive ive done on any ferrari was my F430 for 350 miles. No problem.
    But no spare tire and no cruise control. I was tired after that.