Sticky repair.. who to go with? | FerrariChat

Sticky repair.. who to go with?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mbyormark, Sep 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mbyormark

mbyormark Karting

Jul 25, 2017
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Michael Yormark
    I've decided to have the ashtray assembly and glovebox lock redone.

Which company should I go with?

StickyRX (http://www.**********.com/)
    OR
    Sticky No More (https://stickynomore.com/)

I've read that StickyRX does a good job, but has anyone used Sticky No More? I see they're cheaper, but I want quality, long lasting finishes, not just the cheap option.

If you have another company that you recommend, please let me know.

2. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    I used StickyRX to redo the sticky interior bits on my 355 and would highly recommend them. Dave's service may be more expensive, but besides being high quality work, you will know the status of your parts throughout the process. Dave is always accessible via phone or email.
    Turn around times are very reasonable given all the work that has to be done to get the parts perfect and the parts come back to you securely packaged.

3. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    :rolleyes:

I'll get me popcorn.........

4. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    AFAIK the two restoration processes are different and well explained on their websites. You make the choice based on the level of quality you want.

5. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Dave (StickyRX) sold a LH vent to my parents for their 355, after the original literally crumbled to sticky bits.

His level of customer service was beyond reproach and the refinished part was better than new. He gets my vote.

Mechanical Dad likes this.
  6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Robb and goose22b like this.
  7. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Sticky Rx did my entire 550 Maranello interior. Excellent work in a timely fashion. Would recommend them highly without reservation.

8. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    both do a great job. I had my sticky bits remade in carbon fiber.

9. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I used Eric at F1 Imports and Exotics in Naples. My car was in his shop to have the interior removed and sent down the street to Concours Interiors for re upholstering, so I figured I'd get the sticky stuff taken care of as well. I am very satisfied with the results.

10. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    I have used a couple of different sources over the years to refinish the sticky bits on my 550, and did a couple myself. Far and away the best in terms of quality, professionalism, final appearance and overall experience was Sticky RX. Next best were the ones I did myself. I don't think anybody can match the overall finish and appearance of Sticky RX's work, and this includes work I have seen being done in the Ferrari Classiche department at the factory in Maranello. Do yourself a favor and put your parts in the hands of the artisans at Sticky RX.

Mike

11. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Doesn’t take much, don’t waste your money, and if you don’t want to do it yourself, pay someone $50 to do it for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmJUFwwyt8

12. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    There is a MASSIVE difference between cleaning off the goo and properly re-finishing parts to a high standard. To tell someone to 'not waste their money' is as misleading as saying there is no difference between a Fiero kit car and a real Ferrari. In this age of mass production with ever increasing demands for cheaper and cheaper, individual re-finishing of interior bits is a time consuming task that people just don't appreciate how hard it is to do correctly. It is done in laughably small volumes and the people doing it are hardly getting rich either.

I have no skin in this game but am constantly frustrated when someone claims an inferior process is 'just as good' or when low volume work is claimed to be 'too expensive'. The real anger should be directed at Ferrari that has the benefit of mass production and durable OEM processes on their side yet continue to produce a sub-standard product when there really is no reason to do so.

docf and Dave rocks like this.
  13. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    That You Tube video is a joke right? Please don't tell me you are serious. Using rubbing alcohol and GooGone is amateur hour.
    He doesn't even remove the parts from the car and saturates the switches with solvent. By the end of the video the parts look horrible . The finish is blotchy and poor. If you want to save a buck then have at it. If you want a correct finish and you want perfection then StickyRX is the choice I would recommend.
    I had my parts on my 430 refinished and they are simply better then new. StickyRX method of refinishing the parts are second to none. Believe me, I didn't "waste my money" It was money well spent to enhance the car and maintain the value.

Attached Files:

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I have only very positive things to say about Sticky RX. Dave did all the sticky parts on my car, and it now is like new! Fantastic to work with and I highly recommend him.

15. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Few years ago - more like 5 years ago, my Maserati coupe got all sticky and I looked around. StickyRX was not prevalent on a Maserati forum but StickyNomore was. I saw some of their work and they would get the stickiness out, them put stickers on the buttons to get the pictograms right. I (at the time) felt that was not for me and lived with the sticky factory buttons. I am sure they have improved - but the early versions looked DIY quality at best.

On StickyRX website - I see the high quality plastics and I like what I see. Personally I'd go with StickyRX. However, matter of fact is that I have no experience with either and they have both been in business for quiet a while.