Bianco Italia 599 GTO, Ferrari of Houston | FerrariChat

Bianco Italia 599 GTO, Ferrari of Houston

Discussion in '612/599' started by PavelV, Sep 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PavelV

PavelV Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Pavel Vasilev
    #1 PavelV, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    carguyjohn350 likes this.
  2. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Pavel,

I respectfully disagree with your assertion/conclusion that the GTO was merely a GTB with some added-on bits. While the GTO may be "derived" from the GTB, it was based on the track only 599XX. In fact, the GTO would be better characterized as a homologated detuned street version of the 599XX rather than a hopped up 599 GTB.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  3. PavelV

PavelV Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Pavel Vasilev
    Stephen,

First and foremost, I really appreciate the comment! I would love if you can post on the article, to spark a discussion. I am glad I can get the attention of ferrarichat experts.

I left the "door" intentionally open, after all my intent it to provoke engagement. However, my direct concern was the GTO badge and I was going to bring the 599XX as a track only version to counter the comments that this is "no 288 GTO".

4. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    OK I'll engage ..... your article makes literally no mention of the 599XX. The 599XX is the basis for the 599 GTO. Period. End of story. If you read the 599 GTO owners material and the factory issued statements regarding the genesis of the GTO it will become clear and convincing that the 599 GTO is a detuned track only 599XX. I do concur with you that employing the GTO badge for a homologated version of a "mere" track only car is a stretch and arguably a tenuous use of the GTO moniker. That being said, the 599 GTO is truly light years ahead of a 599 GTB with respect to all manner of performance and an incredibly challenging and rewarding drivers car to boot. Get a few hundred miles of seat time in a GTO and you will be a believer. The GTO is arguably THE most undervalued modern F car by the marketplace. Finally IMHO the GTO is THE best sounding F car ever made for the street. My 2 cents,

simsko likes this.
  5. PavelV

PavelV Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Pavel Vasilev
    I would love you putting the facts on there, that whats makes D_TRB great for. I believe your last sentence is exactly what I am trying to conclude on - "the most undervalued modern F car" and definitely worth much more. The GTB comment is rather targeted at tying in the history of the 288 GTO with the 599 GTO. Sadly, I haven't had the opportunity to drive one, I wish I could. If I understand right - you have one :) I am glad to see someone actually reads the articles, and doesn't just look at photos. Constructive feedback is most important. Looking forward to your comments on there.

6. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    You should have just looked up Stephen's posts on the gto and made an article which would have been an intimate love letter to the 599 GTO.

A youtube vid would have been awesome as you guys make great vids.

7. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Completely agreed. It will definetely be my first le Ferrari when it comes to own one. The tdf is awesome but the physical presence of the GTO is like nothing else. And the sound is probably the last unsynthesised na sound with that raspy tingy symphony in the higher revs. The new sounds are awesome but seem like they were quite digitally enchanced in the manufacturing process.

There is no other "front" engined street registerable car that can compare.

8. PavelV

PavelV Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Pavel Vasilev
    That's Stephen's post, though, as an owner and 599 GTO aficionado. If you know what I mean.

Our video is right here http://bit.ly/2wtjdzY

We are not to be confused by the guys running D_TRB.

9. PavelV

PavelV Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Pavel Vasilev
    That's Stephen's post, though, as an owner and 599 GTO aficionado. If you know what I mean.

Our video is right here http://bit.ly/2wtjdzY

We are not to be confused by the guys running D_TRB.

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks for the link. Yes i did confuse you guys. Great vid.

PavelV likes this.
  11. PavelV

PavelV Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Pavel Vasilev
    Looking up Stephen's testimony on the 599 GTO. Our audio part of the car did not work out, unfortunately.