Bob? | FerrariChat

Bob?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Tcar, Sep 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Don't think I've see Bob post since the software change...

Is he OK?

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Probably just the software change..... He can only scroll through so many regional forums per day. I know I am annoyed as hell that there is apparently no way to minimize them.

Enzo likes this.
  3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    He's okay.
    Been busy finishing up a commemorative B-25/Carrier painting for the Doolittle Raiders anniversary.
    I gave him a jingle to see what's up.

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I'm finished with the big painting. I just couldn't quite figure out the new system and had a very frustrating time trying to get back in. I'm not as mentally flexible as I used to be.

Ryan S. likes this.
  5. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    It's going to take me a while to figure out how to answer things, start a new thread, and to generally figure out what to do. i was comfortable with the old system and I don't know what to do in some instances.

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Yeah, I'm okay. Just stumped by the new system and couldn't figure out how to get back into the new system. Don't know why it had to change but I guess that is the way this stuff goes. I have been working hard on the new Doolittle painting and delivered it yesterday and have received great reviews and comments so that made me feel pretty good. I can't post any images yet because it will be presented at the Air Power Foundation gala , Skyball, on Nov 11th. It's in honor of Richard Cole, Doolittle's copilot and surviving member of the 80 souls that performed that mission. He is now 102 years old and I hope that he can see this painting and the portrait that I did of him. After the presentation I will try to post images of the two pieces. I have really missed chatting with you guys.

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

so freakin cool. glad you're back:) and looking forward to some pics

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Nice to know that Mr. Cole is still with us. My father, who was a radar technician in the Army Signal Corps during the war, recently passed on at age 98. If you know any WW2 veterans, try and talk with them while they're still around.

9. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Yeah, I'm an old WWII guy and I talk to myself all the time.

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    That's ok Bob...You can talk to yourself all you want while your painting. Even give yourself pointers and suggestions. Good to see your very busy, that's the way to live life!!

11. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    The Raid was one of the many complicated and courageous events that led to us winning the war. I still find it absolutely fascinating and I never fail to feel proud of what our fathers and mothers did for us. That you get to create an image of this event for the last surviving member of that mission, is just incredible to me and I thank you profoundly for that contribution to honoring him and the rest of his mates. I can't wait to see what you have done!!!

12. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Bob,
    Did you opt for the 'old' format? It's a LOT like the way it was... than the 'new' format.

At lower left corner, Old or New...

13. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    The Doolittle Raid was an ineffectual response militarily but it shocked the Japanese that we could hit their mainland when they thought that they were secure and safe from U.S. military action. An unforeseen result of the raid was that it forced the Japanese to hold back a lot of their armed forces to protect the homeland that they thought was untouchable. The painting is quite a bit different then previous depictions. It has the viewer on the deck just outboard of the number two engine and the deck launch officer has just signaled "GO". So. it shows full power and brake release of Doolittle's B-25B . Not a really pretty picture because the sky is grey and rainy, deck is wet, and a rough sea is in the background with the cruiser Vincennes plowing through a wave. I also did a portrait of Cole because all attempt to paint him in the cockpit just didn't work. So, it was a double project. Reports from those who ordered it have been very enthusiastic.

14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Looking forward to seeing both of them.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Bob, have you tried the "old" style format selection to view the forums? If you scroll down to the very bottom on whatever page you're currently on (if defaulted new sytle), you'll see a button that says New on your right side. If you click that, a pop-up box will allow you to change to the old format (or others like Dark or Blue). It's not exactly like the old way, but very similar and easier to use. Once you change to old style, that button moves to bottom left.

16. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Same as I said a couple posts ago... but it's lower LEFT on my screen...

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's in the lower left for you when you're in the "new" format? That's odd...with that style, it is in the bottom right for me (and it looks almost hidden in the black bar at the very bottom). Only when I change it to the "old" style does that button option move to the lower left.

18. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I would like to say that I appreciate the helpful comments to get this ol' goat to get up to speed with the new system but I want to meet the challenge of learning the new game. I expect to make some mistakes and stumbles but I will try to work it out. Not many "well cured" people are fortunate enough to be engaged in contemporary activities with those who share the same interests and who are generous enough to share and to help with their expertise. That is , for me, the pleasure of being accepted into this forum.

Ryan S. likes this.
  19. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

You're correct... I am in the 'Old' format...