LFSC Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

LFSC Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by TheNextOne, Sep 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheNextOne

TheNextOne Rookie

Dec 16, 2011
    #1 TheNextOne, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Hi Guys/Gals,

We wanted to be sure that everyone on here was aware (and invited) to our annual Concours d'Elegance held annually here at Lake Forest Sportscars.

It is being held one week earlier than usual (due to a Ferrari Challenge conflict) so please mark your calendars for Sunday, September 24th from 12-2:30 (staging will begin at 10:30am if you're displaying a car).

If you'd like to display your Ferrari please reach out to Bryn at [email protected].

This is a free event and we will be serving refreshments and welcome all ages. If you've attended before you'll know that we always have something exciting, and exceedingly rare, on display and this year will be no different!

Feel free to reach out to me or anyone else at the shop with any questions and we look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

Thanks,
    Nick Mancuso

General Sales Manager
    Lake Forest Sportscars
    990 N Shore Dr
    Lake Bluff, IL 60044

Attached Files:

jjmalez and tifoso2728 like this.
  2. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello.

Please post pictures as i am unable to attend :(

Thanks

3. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I was there. GREAT cars and a beautiful day. Unfortunately I didn't take many pics.

4. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Holy hell! Best exotic car gathering I've ever attended. They were about an XJ220 and McLaren F1 shy of having one of everything. I made my brother and sister in-law bring their kids because I told them one pass though and they basically could say they'seen everything that's out there. And that dealership facility is incredible! I couldn't get many pics because people kept popping up in my frame, but here are a few...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

WJC and JP365 like this.
  5. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    What is the white car in the 1st pic?

Thanks

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    koenigsegg one

jjmalez likes this.
  7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LFSC Concours seems to be dominated by newer cars, right?

8. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    First, Thank you to everyone at LFSC for hosting the event. Between the concours and C&C I had almost seven hours of automotive bliss. In response to the question,
    What do you define as newer? If post 1990 is newer then yes probably 85/15. If you mean post 2000, I'd say probably 60/40. There were several older cars there including a 1939 Rolls that was ex Chandler family, A DB 2/3 Aston a DB 4/5, 250 Drogo, 250 PF coupe, 275 gtb 4 cam, alloy dino, etc.
    I will say it has become really crowded. I hadn't been in three years and was stunned by the crowds. Not a bad thing, just wasn't prepared for the turnout.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  9. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Excellent event as always. Weather was perfect (got hot, but i'll take it over rain) and the turnout was insane this year. Even the spectator parking lots were significantly more jammed with toys than prior years.

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I think they should pay the gardening store across the street to stay closed and maybe even use their parking lot. Maybe charge a small fee to get in the concours area to offset that cost. It really is getting big. An amazing event, although I do like seeing vintage stuff more than new stuff as it is a lot rarer. I did not know so many TDF's were in the area!! I think there was atleast 4 at the concours!!

tifoso2728 likes this.
  11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Anything newer than Boxers is newer.

12. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I tend to agree, and much prefer the vintage classics, however, I must admit three Porsche 918s, five F12 TdFs, five (maybe more - didn't count the center lanes) 458 Speciales/As, two LaFerraris plus a LaFerrari Aperta, F40, F50, and Enzo aren't the most common sightings. And when was the last time anyone spotted a Koenigsegg One:1, McLaren P1 or Pagani Huayra in Chicago? They had one of each of every McLaren and Lambo of the past decade, and I didn't know that 2018 Aston Martin Zagato special edition even existed. I was sad to forego Winnetka to get an early spot at Lake Forest, but it was quite an impressive show.

13. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    The reality is, when it comes to modern supercars, we're spoiled in the Chicago area. I feel we always have been. When I was 10 or 11, I once remarked to my father that they must have made a lot of those GTOs. He laughed and explained that very few people ever see one let alone three or four. In the early 80s there were at least three series one GTOs, a 330 lmb, and the breadvan all living in the area. The more things change...

WJC likes this.
  14. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login This is my second year at the show and agree that it is newer, but still impressive!!

I don’t know what the top car is though. I believe the sign said it was a 1958 Ferrari 250 but does anyone have more insight?

Really loved the blue CS with red seats. Always great to see an F40 and completely shocked to the the LaF Aperta there.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I remember that too. Joe M had great cars downtown near his Como Inn. He had a series II 64 GTO also along with his 330 LMB, the Lemans test car. Yes the new cars are nice, but they do look a lot more like each other with the older cars having bigger differences in design. But still I like both modern and vintage.

JP365 likes this.
  16. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    250 Drogo. Originally built for Garage Siebethal IIRC.

WJC likes this.
  17. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I have very fond memories of Joe's Father's Day gatherings. While not on Father's Day, Rick is doing a great job carrying on the tradition. Same with FuelFed.

18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Siebenthal. S/N 0977 belonging to Hugh Ruthven of Barrington.

19. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    If anyone missed the show and wants to experience a walk-through without suffering the 90+ degree heat, I found this video shot toward the beginning of the day, which basically covers everything that was parked outside...

jjmalez likes this.
  20. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Much larger and way more crowded than the last time i went (2014) Bigger isn't always better. Sometimes it's just bigger. What... no pics of Bryn?

:)

21. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Another great year. I was pleasantly surprised to see the F40 there and was unaware of the red F50 in the area. I didn't dress for the heat but had a blast showing my nephew all the cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JP365 likes this.