GTO style grille for standard 599 | FerrariChat

GTO style grille for standard 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by FMofAtl Parts, Jul 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FMofAtl Parts

FMofAtl Parts Karting

Jan 5, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    FMofAtl Parts
    #1 FMofAtl Parts, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari now offers a GTO style grill to fit standard 599s. Our first car with this just hit the streets.

They can be installed without removing the bumper so it is a do it yourself upgrade.

Since they are scarce, I went ahead and ordered a second one and I will offer it to you guys before is goes on display here.

The price is $1249.50 and I can sell it for that including standard shipping in the contenintal US.

PM me, email me at [email protected] or call 800-522-2345 if you are interested
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

temeculaF430 likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That looks really good and is a very good price. Since we know the GTO wheels will fit standard 599s, you should sell him a set of wheels to go with the grille.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. FMofAtl Parts

FMofAtl Parts Karting

Jan 5, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    FMofAtl Parts
    That might be an idea for later. In addition to the grille, he just had us change his seats over to the HGTE seats. He has already done the HGTE package on the car and then had those wheels painted as you see in the picture.

He also has a California the same color with an aftermarket wheel which is almost a clone of the wheels he has on the 599.

4. Wolfgang1756

Wolfgang1756 Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    I think this is unfair to owners of the GTO.

Aston did a similar thing by offering DBS lights for other models :(

5. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    These kinds of options shouldn't even be offered. Unfortuanatly, as long as there's a buck to be made and a market willing to pay for them its probably inevitable. On the other hand, the grill and rims do not a GTO make. Even if Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I still have to agree with Wolfgang. It cheapens both the GTO badge and those of us who own them.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Afraid I have to disagree. Do not think the GTO owners are too worried, but they can chime in if they are. Especially since these are OEM parts.

What are the owners going to do, advertise the cars as GTOs when they sell them? Does not work now.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have yet to see any 599 GTB that has been rebadged as GTO. So if someone wants to put on GTO rims, that's ok with me.

You have to realize the thing that makes a GTO unique is not the grille or the rim, but the whole package (engine, suspension, electronics and etc) and you can't buy those parts from Ferrari!

Michael

Veloce12 and brogenville like this.
  8. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    #8 M-individual, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess we will see that happening more and more. Rims, grills, ... fitted to 599 GTB's and 599 HGTE's. I for one wouldn't do it. The 599 GTB and HGTE are great, great cars and fitting styling elements of the GTO won't make them GTO's.

Look at this guy in Holland. He even has the nerve to put a "GTO" badge on a standard 599 GTB. Makes him look kind of ... forgive me, but stupid and this shouldn't be the case when you own such a fine car as a 599 GTB.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Modena_2003 likes this.
  9. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    The Goat grille, black rims and exhaust might tune-up a stick-shift 599 nicely ...

10. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    Scud wheels on a 430 and call it a scud! :D haha, come on guys, it's just a grill. I don't think too many GTO owners are getting angry over this. Happens all the time. Lighten up now

On another note, that grill looks really nice. Great price, too

brogenville likes this.
  11. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #11 Ferrarista3, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    +1

Reminds me of those who put AMG/M badges on regular MBs/BMWs...quite sad really.

The funny thing is that the average person won't even know what an AMG/M or even GTO badge means and thus won't be any more impressed. On the other hand, chances are that minority of people who do understand the significance of these badges will not be fooled by these "fakes." So, in the end, these people are only fooling themselves.

Labeling your car as something which it is not is an act of bad taste IMO.

BTW, this black "chicken-mesh" grille was also available with the HGTE package or as a special order on standard 599s even prior to the GTO's existence...

Modena_2003 likes this.
  12. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I agree 100% but looking at that picture I am not convinced the grill is indeed the same as that fitted to the GTO, the finishing seems different to me but I may be wrong on this.

13. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    After the 430 Challenge Stradale Ferrari started offering the Challenge grille as an option on the F430. It made the car look a lot better - it's evolution and progress. All these tweaks have made the 599 look better - so let the owners of these £200,000 cars make them look as good as they can. Doesn't bother me one bit - the GTO is an overall package, not a grille. And anyway, if it makes the GTB look better why should someone who likely can't afford the car tell me I shouldn't make MY car look better?

14. osalah

osalah Rookie

Sep 22, 2009
    Anyone know how to get these grillls custome made...for less ?

15. osalah

osalah Rookie

Sep 22, 2009
    On the British Ferrari parts website the GTO grill comes to $1000- I don't know how easy it would fit the GTB bumper though

16. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I have to say, personally I love the standard 599 grill. That is one of the most attractive parts of the car in my opinion.

17. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I prefer the look of the GTO changes but I agree, leave the GTB as the GTB. It looks great as is.

18. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    I'm considering the 599, but the wide open low to the ground grill of the standard GTB scares me as any piece of flying gravel can puncture the exposed parts (it happened to my 612 which has a similarly designed wide open grill).

The fact that there's the GTO mesh grill option available gives me comfort and I'd look at getting one for primarily protection rather than looks.

19. bob44

bob44 Karting

Apr 18, 2010
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob Putman
    I changed to the GTO grill just because I liked the look much better. Now the front mesh grill matches all the other vent grills. Got mine from another F-chatter who went back to the GTB grill (he had purchased the car with the GTO grill installed). It all comes
    down to a matter of personal taste - certainly not trying to fool anyone - don't have the GTO hood, wheels, etc. I just simply think it looks better, especially on darker-colored cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Veloce12, Modena_2003 and Makuono like this.
  20. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
  21. diplo526

diplo526 Karting

Jun 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sundip Kumar
    does anyone know the part number to the grille? or any leads on where to purchase. Thanks in advance!

22. MBi

MBi Rookie

May 9, 2016
    New York
    Anyone get it for the original California? If so what price did you guys pay and where from?

23. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The part number for the 599 GTO style grille is 82408600 and Ferrari has it in stock.

24. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    I do not like cars modified, BUT I really love the Gto grill on my dark Gtb AND it protects better the radiator. Cheaper grill can be found, I bought mine last month from Eurospares at 462,18 pounds ex-VAT

25. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    This ref is wrong, it is the gtb hgte grille not the gto !
    Gto is 82715700 without parking sensors and 8293900 if you got parking sensors