FCA Concours at Old Westbury Gardens 2017 | FerrariChat

FCA Concours at Old Westbury Gardens 2017

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Labman, Jul 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 Labman, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm please to announce that once again the Ferrari Club of America - Long Island Chapter, will be joining the Great Marques Concours at Old Westbury Gardens.
    September 24th with a rain date of October 1st.

Like last year we will have many classes with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies. Best of Show Ferrari will be presented by Hagerty Insurance.

$60 for judged cars/$25 for display only ($40 day of the event). Judged cars must be on the field no later that 10am and must stay on field until judging awards have been presented (approx 3pm). Now that we have a rain date, there is no reason to wait until the last minute to register. Please register early. We will have a strict cutoff for judging registrations on September 3rd. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Display Ferraris also need to register. Please email me ([email protected]) your full name, year and model of your Ferrari and if judged or display with appropriate payment via PayPal (select friends and family please) to [email protected]. Mention Great Marques Concours. Please make checks out to FCA-ESR and mail to me. Email me for mailing address.

Don't procrastinate and register today. We had 60+ Ferraris on the field last year. Let's make this year even better!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This was great last year and is going to be even better this year!

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Cutoff for judged cars less than a month away. Don't forget there is a rain date as well!

4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This event is evolving into something that can't be missed.

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    We had our final meeting last night in preparation for the concours. This year we will have a few different food vendors to choose from, other vendors on display with discounts, a bigger field for us so we are not as crammed in like last year and a rain date. The trophies we picked out are real nice too :) I am going to extend the cutoff date for judging as the trophy company gave me a little more leeway. Sign up today and don't procrastinate! Remember if you want to just display your car, it's $25 in advance. Otherwise it's $40 day of. Lunch is included for all registrants. One per car.

6. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Last year was a good start but this year will be even bigger and better. In addition to an outstanding selection of Ferraris there are also three other car clubs with a huge array of historic and rare cars - Porsche, Mercedes and BMW. New vendors and sponsors have signed up and we will also have three different food trucks with a wide array for the public.

Don't miss out!

There will be judging and 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes within each class. Cars will not be judged to the exacting technical standards of the FCA but still to a degree of detail.

Many of you asked for a LI based judged concours - we did it. Now we need your support to keep it going and GROWING. If our attendance doesn't match or surpass last year we may lose sponsors which in turn would prevent us from doing this again. This is a major effort to organize this and it is all done by a handful of volunteers and car enthusiasts that love cars and more specifically Ferraris!

So please don't wait for the last minute - there is a rain date. It will be a great day and we hope to get some great support from the Ferrari Chat community this year!

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looking forward to seeing some great cars there again this year.

8. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Cutoff for judging entries extended to Sept 12. Trophy company gave us some more time :)
    Please don't wait until the last minute. Remember, we have a rain date.

9. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I'm looking forward to the event. There were a lot of great cars last year.

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    A few weeks away!! I can't wait.

11. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Let's keep those registrations coming. This is going to be huge!

12. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Deadline is fast approaching for judged F cars. Trophies are being ordered. Keep the registrations coming.

13. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Weather is going to be fantastic. We expect a huge turnout. Pre register by following the instructions listed above!

14. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    We can't ask for a better weather!! It's going to be a great event!

15. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Last day to pre-register to display your Ferrari at the discounted rate of $25 is tomorrow. Day of registration is $40. Gift bags for the first 50 to show up. Please email me with the year and model of your Ferrari at [email protected]. Send PayPal to [email protected]. Please choose the friends and family option when sending money via PayPal. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It was a beautiful day for the concours if not a little warm in the sun. But heck there was a nice turnout and it was great seeing some 70's iron out there. The 365GTB4 was well turned out as were the 246GT and GTSs.

Labman and bball16 like this.
  17. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Steve I would like to thank you for putting together such a great event today. It was simply top notch, the location was spectacular, the people were great, and the the cars were amazing. You should take a bow for the job you did today. Thank you.

Labman and bball16 like this.
  18. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thank you Mike and congratulations on your Best in Class trophy for your beautiful 355 GTB! It was definitely one of my favorites of the show. Well done.:)

19. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #19 Labman, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Here are some pictures of the Concours yesterday. Congratulations to all the winners in each class. We only had five classes unfortunately. I had to come up with classes for the cars we had being judged...Early Classics, Later Classics, 8 Cylinder, 12 Cylinder and 458/488 classes. So if your car seemed misplaced, there was really no other option. I apologize for that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A little warm Andy?? I was dying! Well certainly better than rain. We definitely had some great cars show up. The 1970 Dino L was the Best in Show. And it deserved to be.

tuttebenne likes this.
  21. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Steve,

Thanks for all of the work that you and the other members of the Great Marques team put into the event. There were a lot of great cars, and we had a wonderful time.

22. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wow...Looks like I missed a good one...
    Any Picture galleries or instagram posts??

Labman likes this.
  23. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Michael we had a trophy all ready for you!
    I was hoping you were going to bring an amazing car.
    I posted more on our Facebook page:
    Ferrari Club of America-Long Island Chapter.
    I have pics of all the winners that I will share soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msdesignltd likes this.
  24. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    It was a great event!! Thank you Steve for all the hard work you put into it. Once again, you made it happen!!