Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Danica's nascar career appears to be over, released from Stewart Haas and doesn't have a ride or sponsor lined up for 2018. She's made some vague comments about "other opportunities".

I'm sure Fchat racing fans will be crying in their beers over this news ;)

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Wait, she was still IN racing? :D

D

3. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    well, she started a lot of races, but she wasn't really in them ;)

4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Please, for the love all things sacred, keep her out of Indy Cars.

F1? :) :)

5. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    FIFY

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    :)

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    But, but, but, Danica won pole position for the Daytonner 500!

At that time, there were those in this very forum whom claimed that this was proof of her
    extraordinary talents. All this, despite it was so very obvious that the result was manipulated.

Danica has seven top ten positions in 170 starts and her best points finish has been 24th.

The obvious reply would be "What have YOU accomplished in NASCAR?" from Dancia's fan boys.
    Fair point, but given the hype around her entry into NASCAR with a top team, one which during
    the same time has won multiple races and championships, evidently the team and sponsors are
    tired of waiting for her to develop into a NASCAR driver.

We may expect NASCAR is working overtime deep in the fake wood paneled offices in Daytonner
    to keep her in Cup. She's still a recognizable and marketable personality and so it would be expected
    that they'd be doing all they can to get her into a ride somewhere.

BHW

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    If you want to cry, check out her net worth.

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    in that time, her SHR teammates accumulated 21 wins and a championship.

and yes, her net worth is depressing :( mediocrity pays I guess.

10. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Oh I know. Good for her.

She was at the right place at the right time.

Attractive
    Reasonable talent
    Racing looking to bridge a gender issue
    TADA!

Still a crappy professional race car driver.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Race fans don't care.

The media cares.

12. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    If Danica is going to remain in racing, it will have to be in NASCAR.

Going back in Indy Cars would not be an option, certainly with her ex team, Andretti flush with
    funded drivers. Would anyone else taker her? Ganassi on his B team?

Sports cars are not really a consideration either. In her brief forays in sports car racing with
    the Prodrive Ferrari 550 GT Maranello team, an arrangement made through Bobby Rahal,
    she was multiple seconds off the pace of her team mates.

Likewise, when she drove the Andretti team Acura P2 car during a test at Sebring, she was woefully
    off the pace and reports at the time were stating that they were having a difficult time getting her to
    fit into the car right, she wasn't comfortable, all this.

Therefore, my bet is she stays in NASCAR in a deal that they help arrange with a team and
    sponsor (a forced marriage). If not, then she goes to the TV booth.

BHW

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I hear she is going to take Alonso's seat at McLaren. McLaren needs a looser to blame for their poor performance. She will fit right in.

14. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    John K that was a sad comment to make.

I will miss her as I am a big fan. When you have a house full of women you want to succeed in life role models like her I cheer for. Maybe not the best NASCAR driver but she can kick my rear behind the wheel. Plus I want my daughters and grand daughters to KNOW they can do it, anything they set their mind to.

Anyway sad to see but I could tell it was coming. She is focusing on other things with her fitness craze.

FCat360 and Caracciola like this.
  16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  17. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I'm a little hesitant to open this can of worms - and I'm not going to reveal any details or name any names - but you may want to reconsider your choice of role models. In our society certain figures are created and marketed and pushed to the forefront and there often isn't any real talent or substance there. I'd never point at this particular product as something for my daughter to aspire to.

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I will miss saying I told you so to all the Danica apologists week in, week out.

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Funny, we don't seem to see those apologists around here lately.

Despite some racking up 16+K (or more) posts and seemingly on F-Chat 24/7, praising NASCAR
    to the skies and Danica in particular and with "inside information" that would not be shared with
    the rest of us down in the courtyard, those voices have gone quiet for some time now.

Evidently, defending the indefensible gets tiring after a while.

BHW

20. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Unfortunately, it was all too predictable, much like many other open wheelers that come to NASCAR, her virgina doesn't make a difference. After the Godaddy sponsorship ended, her pre-packaged brand was damaged and she was just another driver trying to make it in a cruel business. If she had performed, or at least not wrecked every damn week she might have survived, but NASCAR and the media did all they could praising her "top 20 finishes" and "consistency" every chance they could, but you can only keep that up fr so long when someone is running in top-tier equipment. Michael McDowell is accomplishing the same thing in used junk.

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    There have been many other women in NASCAR, Indy Car, Drag Racing, IMSA, etc who were much more talented that she is. I won't dispute that she could out drive me. After all, she is a professional. But in her own class, among her peers, she's not that good. The bigger problem is/was here attitude. Like because she was a women she deserved something. On the other hand take someone like Sarah Fisher if you want to show your daughters what they can do. Maybe not as talented a driver as Danica, but a much better role model. No crying, no drama, and she went on to develop her own race team. Danica was and is little more than a marketing ploy; just another attempt by NASCAR to stimulate interest in a failing sport. And she did get special treatment. For the first few years, even riding around the 25th, the commentators would focus on here while the guy in 12th got no mention.

22. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There are a whole lot of haters here. Wow, I forget how perfect all of you key board cowboys are. Moving on.................

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If she was a man her career would have ended years ago. And her career (as a man) would be completely forgotten.

True feminism is when you don't value something by the body parts they have and just look at the results. If that's the case, she had a rather lackluster ordinary career in racing. Not a bad career, but nothing special.

That's not hating. That's reality.

ferraripete likes this.
  24. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1

I for one rooted for her to do well in both NASCRASH (although, I watch VERY little NASCAR) and IndyCar. If nothing else she was a hell of a lot easier on the eyes than the other ugly Toms, Dicks, and Harrys in the sport. She gets a bad rap for having a poor attitude and being a diva but I think that is largely unfair to her. After all, she is far less a diva than a lot of the other drivers (the Bush brothers come to mind) IMHO and she could probably even kick their butts in a brawl ....have you ever seen these NASCRASH guys fight? It's embarrassing.

In the end she just couldn't compete at the top levels in NASCAR and IndyCar. She is an extremely talented driver but, unfortunately for her, not up to the level of the top drivers in the sport.

Caracciola likes this.
  25. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    What a stupid response. Calling it as we see it isn't being a hater. Danica is (was?) a manufactured product. She had an interest in racing and had parents who let her drop out of high school and live in England to get started. She was also fortunate to meet a female racing legend in Lyn St. James who made introductions for her eventually leading her to Patrick Racing and Bobby Rahal. Along the way she's played the female / sex card every chance she's had instead of relying on any real talent. Speaking of talent, she ran 115 races in Indycar and was on the podium only 7 times with one victory. In NASCAR - 180 races and has only made the top 10 finishers 7 times with no wins and no podiums. All of this mediocrity achieved in top-class equipment, btw.
    On top of all of this I can't personally stomach her attitude, her diva qualities, her problems with her competitors, and her permanent resting female dog face.

HotShoe likes this.