2017 Colorado Grand | FerrariChat

2017 Colorado Grand

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by camchain, Aug 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    A few of you have contacted me regarding the car display following the Grand. Here is the official word from our friend Frank Barrett:

Car guys/gals:
    Colorado Grand Concours d’Non-Elegance Cancelled
    Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Colorado Grand has regretfully cancelled its traditional Saturday-morning concours d’non-elegance, usually held at Lions Head in Vail. Still, enthusiasts can see the cars and meet the entrants at our four lunch stops:
    Tuesday, 9/12: Steamboat Springs, Howelson Hill
    Wednesday, 9/13: Gunnison, Pioneer Museum
    Thursday, 9/14: Ridgway, Hartwell Park (near the True Grit Cafe)
    Friday, 9/15: Salida, Riverside Park (near the Palace Hotel)
    Also on Friday, 9/15, spectators are welcome to watch the cars crossing the finish line at Lion’s Head in Vail, from about 3 to 5 PM.
    The 2016 Grand attracted 90 pre-1960 sports cars and generated over $500,000 for small Colorado charities and communities. This year we hope to do even better!
    Please broadcast this information to your members via your web site or email.
    Thanks,
    Frank Barrett
    The Colorado Grand

2. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Thanks Ron for the info. I look forward to seeing all of the participants on Friday at the end of the event.

-F

3. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Hey Ron, posts some pictures if you can.

-F

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Some private photos are already trickling their way through Facebook social media. I skipped it and quickly wished I didn't. The Alfa's showed up in force with several stunning vintage Ferrari's displayed.

5. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    I'm not on the Grand this year. Search #colorado Grand on instagram. Lots of photos up already.

6. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
  7. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Driving back from Los Alamos on Wed the 13th in the 996 tt and was summarily pleased to see the parade of CO Grand vehicles between Poncha Springs and Nathrop....they must have been headed to Gunnison. It was an impressive array of automobiles.