Keys | FerrariChat

Keys

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ferraridoc, Sep 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    The saga continues in getting my car "right". Right now, I'm beginning to give thought to the keys. My Series I 400i came with the Neiman ign key, and a skinny little one, which I assume is for the glove box and/or lock on the boot/fuel cap levers (it fits neither). Since my ign key has a graceful twist in it, I've decided to get the right keys made up, so...

Does any body have a picture/description/list of which keys go where?

Cheers

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    What do you mean which keys go where? There is an ignition key (the Neiman) and there is a door/glovebox key.
    BTW, I have an extra uncut original Neiman key I may sell if you're looking for one.....as I have two factory Neiman keys.

EDIT: I just realized you have a Series 1 that may have locks for the hood/trunk (bonnet/boot) releases...

3. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    So on the S2, the door key locks the glovebox? Might be the same for mine - have to check.

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Here's what I have for a Series 2 400i. Smaller black key is for the door.
    I'm not too sure if the glove box key is an original...if anyone can chime in, that would be great!

Attached Files:

5. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
  6. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Thanks Stephane. I note it makes no mention of the lock on the levers, but it looks like the glovebox key is a Torino, but a different cut from the door key.

7. PeterMercedes

PeterMercedes Rookie

Feb 17, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi Bruce, I reckon your series 2 glovebox key is an original as mine looks exactly the same and with HV stamped on it.

8. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
  9. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Yes, I meant SAFE key. Actually, in a flash of brilliance, I looked in the manual, and lo and behold, there it is: The large key does the doors and ign, and the small key does the glove box and levers (only two keys). Thanks for the heads up!