What's the obsession with superheroes? | FerrariChat

What's the obsession with superheroes?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TeamF1Jr, Aug 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    You see the obsession everywhere and it's not just kids, it's twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings wearing superhero clothes, they go to conventions, the collect toys and fill their homes with them. I've lived long enough to see fads come and go, but this one seems to not be going away. I remember the days of comic books, but it once you got a certain age you moved on, most of these fanatics see no need to move on.

I assume there is some psychological reason behind this, some yearning for something that's causing this, perhaps living through these superheros to cover for a real world reality. So what do you think?

2. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Some people are just very fanatic. It's no different than us here on Fchat. There are people that are probably looking at us asking why we are on messageboards always talking about cars as adults when they grew out of Hotwheel toy cars and such as kids and now look at cars as appliances.

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    My guess is that the comic-cons give them a sense of belonging or community that sports fans get by wearing team jerseys and going to games. Males look like they've never thrown a football or played any kind of contact sports in their lives.

But I will confess to wanting a decent Batmobile die-cast for the display case.

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's not going away because it's not a fad. People have collected comic books and been into superheros for many decades

Probably just more apparent with the internet and YouTube.

I used to collect Hot Wheels, I guess i still do but no longer out seeking new additions. Just always loved hot wheels. Everyone has something "childish" that they take interest in.

6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011

This is true. Batman used to drive a '39 Caddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXcHF2-fDS8