Lime Rock Historics | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Historics

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dflett, Aug 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    I just bought my tickets for the Saturday 2nd Sept races and Sunday's concourse. They are discounted until the 25th Aug.

That means I'll be driving up from Rockland county early if any one feels like convoying.

I go over the Bear Mountain Bridge, then up through Garrison, up the Taconic, along 44 to Amenia, then Sharon to the circuit.

Regards
    David

2. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I couldn't find tickets specifically for Sunday's concourse. Are there any?

3. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Yes, they are on the second page. You have to click on 'More' to get to them.

4. Vito

Vito Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    Dutchess County, NY
    We'll be there Sunday with a car on display in the Concours.

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Very few Ferraris are registered to race this year. I only saw Lulu Wang's 250 SWB on the entrant's list.

6. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I called today and they told me that the Sunday tickets I bought cover everything on Sunday.

7. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    By the way, what are some good restaurants in the area?

8. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Can't help I'm afraid. We always take a selection of beer, wine and antipasti for the races.

Maybe post this in the Connecticut (New England) section for restaurant recommendations

9. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Falls Village Inn in Falls Village is excellent and only 4 minutes from track.

10. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hey, gang. Pardon my ignorance...

I was on the site today and, boy, it's not great. I may be heading up Sunday to go to the concours.

Can anyone provide any info/details on how it works? Can you get infield parking Sunday?

Just want to know what I am getting into here...

11. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Should be able to park in infield, or, they are letting people park on the track itself grouped with your car marque

12. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Sunday parking is on the track if you have a collector car. When I ordered my ticket I indicated I'd be parking on track. I don't know if there is a cutoff time

On Saturday I always park in the outfield near big bend as it's less distance to haul stuff to our preferred viewing location.

On Saturday the infield is available early or guaranteed with a car corral ticket.

The down side of infield parking is getting out of course.

13. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Going up Friday and will buy tickets once there. They give a discount to AAA members when you produce a AAA card but for some odd reason, they don't seem to offer this on the website.

14. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Highly recommend Boathouse (Lakeville). This is where regular track folks go for dinner. Steep and narrow parking so left your valued cars elsewhere and let a buddy with a regular car drive. Get's crowded but can eat at bar and turnaround is quick for tables.

15. cmlf1

cmlf1 Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    I have not been to this in a few years, but weather looks bad until Monday AM.

16. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Saturday looks ok but Sunday is showing as 90% rain. Not looking good for the concours

17. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What happens if it's pouring? Will they still try to do everything (I.e. The concours) After attending over a handful of times, this is the first time rain has ever been predicted.

18. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    #18 Dai Baracca, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I was there today...really a wonderful day for racing...
    the weekend is always rain or shine....
    as far as the Ferrari presence today the 250(Wang)was not the only one...
    This NART was also there....great day all in all...there again on Monday..hope the weather holds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yes it turns out there were a few Ferraris there this weekend. That 512M was one of them and there were three 250 SWBs as well as Tony Wang's 250P. Great vintage Alfa Romeos and Maseratis too.

20. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It was great seeing all the vintage race cars. I just wish the drivers would learn how to race. It was just a little bit boring watching guys drive fast rather than racing.

21. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Everything went ahead as usual even though it was raining pretty hard today. It seemed like more of a hardcore crowd today. We had a blast.

Not a lot of Fcars there. I did not take mine - just too wet. (represented BMW instead) A very tidy Ferrari 400 was in the concours that belongs to an fchatter here was looking very sharp. A lovely short nose 275 was there with a super cool owner, a 250 speciale.

Jim G brought P4/5. It was cool to see it again. He was telling me it's 11 years old and has 20,000 miles on it now...

22. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

A legit wish. And some don't even drive fast.

A few of the classes had some battles though. We saw some passing at the left hander especially in traffic. Richard Attwood was trading places with the Triumph for most of the second race in his class and he appeared to steal it on the line in the GT 40 by a few inches.

I was disappointed the NART 512 did not run. Does anyone know the story? I wondered who would bring that to a historic meet and not let it run on track? Even if someone did not want to race it, it could have run with the other Ferraris during to interval or done a couple of laps on its own... just to hear that engine...

23. PASquared

PASquared Rookie

May 13, 2016
    Philadelphia
    Did the 250 GTO show up to the Concours?

24. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

Not that I saw but I left at 12

25. PASquared

PASquared Rookie

May 13, 2016
    Philadelphia
    Thank you