US Spec. 599 GTO Marketplace | Page 11 | FerrariChat

US Spec. 599 GTO Marketplace

Discussion in '612/599' started by tortesq1, Sep 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  2. skokjef

skokjef Karting

Jul 16, 2004
    Should be interesting to see what happens this weekend ... think there are a couple going across the block ...

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    For anybody that was expecting to "steal" a GTO at the RM auction you had to be disappointed. The RM GTO sold for $737K all in ($670K plus 10% buyers premium). Prices have dropped approx. $100K from the recent "peak". Market correction is clear when a 500 mile GTO sells for $737K. Even though I'm selling my GTO I thought I'd be remiss if I didn't tell my fellow Fchatters that Aston of New England has what is essentially a deliver mileage 248 mile RC GTO for sale at only $715K. At the market peak an authorized F car dealer would have "asked" $850K-$900K for this car. Of course if you are going to drive your GTO a bit then paying a $50K-$75K premium for a super low mileage GTO is IMHO pointless. Just keeping my fellow GTO admirers in the loop !

4. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I lowered the price on my GTO to $649,888 in the for sale section if anyone interested.

5. skokjef

skokjef Karting

Jul 16, 2004
    Looks like the car you mention that was at Aston of New England might have found a new seller … with the appropriate mark up of course ;)

2011 Ferrari 599 GTO Warrensville Heights, Ohio | Marshall Goldman Motor Sales

6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Not surprised. The GTO at Aston Martin NE was priced under market and as Marshall Goldman buys its inventory (no consignment) this was a no-brainer buy and flip for them. From what I've seen Marshall Goldman has sold quite a few GTO's over the past few years (maybe more than any other individual dealer in the USA).

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So..will the GTO market go back up? It seems everything is going back up.

P1, 918, veyrons, F50, stradales are up.

Will GTOs go back to >$700k?

8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's funny how this thread died. Is it because interest in the GTO died out?

9. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    The market on P1s and 918s are both soft and getting softer. Cars are coming off warranty and in the case of the 918, VIP restrictions are being lifted so more owners will be willing to sell their cars without facing any consequences from Porsche.

Veyrons and Stradales are up, as are F50s, but not necessarily as much as it would sometimes seem.

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Are you sure? Most of the 918s i see are at $1,5m at least. Some at $2.0m. Sure asking prices..but i have yet to see any for less than $1.5m. Last year there were a few at $1.3m or so. Now they are gone. As far as i know there was no restrictions on reselling the 918. But i could be wrong.

Same for P1. Cheapest i see is $1.9m and with some miles. Most at >$2m ask.
    Again, last year you could find some asking less than 2m, or even 1.8m.

GTOs seem to have stabilized at $650k if the car has 2-5k miles.

11. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home

As you said, asking prices are not selling prices...

12. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Yes but they are higher than last year. So unless these professionals are terrible at gauging the market/dont know what they are doing, i have the impression these cars are up from last year.

13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Meccum usually not the best for limited Ferrari. Great buy. Wonder why seller let it go for so low. Doesnt care or needed money?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well the OP really kept it going, but he's been AWOL. I'm not sure whether he has sold his, but probably.

15. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    That car had an accident on the car-fax IIRC.
    Thats why it sold "cheap".