458 squeaky brakes | FerrariChat

458 squeaky brakes

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by CAW, Aug 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CAW

CAW Karting

Feb 5, 2016
    Huntsville Alabama
    Full Name:
    Craig Wiggins
    I just bought a 2014 458 Spider with 4000 miles a few weeks ago and from time to time it has squeaky brakes. It doesn't do it all the time, but when in slow traffic or under light braking it will squeak. Is this normal? Any ideas?

2. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    normal, all my ferraris squeak.

3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Yep.

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Mine don't squeak. No way would I live with squeaky brakes!

Do a search and you'll find a lot of information (arguments mainly). Some say to bed your brakes...this might help. Some say use a hose and spray away debris. Others say not to do this. LOL. Are your brake pads worn? Replacing pads and bedding brakes might help.

If I had this problem I'd try having the brakes disassembled, examined (look for any obvious problems) and then re-assemble. Worth a try.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I had that problem as well. Dealer said to hit the brakes harder and clean the surfaces.

Not much else you can do.

7. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I belive this problem is caused by habitual light braking. A few hard stops, get the brakes hot. The problem stops. Just make sure you have nobody behind you...they can't stop that fast. ;)

Napoli likes this.
  8. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    This. I've driven numerous Ferraris and they all make noise until I do a few hard stops (after warming them up)

9. mjesq

mjesq Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I have tried everything and the brakes constantly squeak on my 458. The only time I get a brief respite is after a good wash, then for the first 20 miles no squeak but it always returns.

10. mike_458

mike_458 Rookie

Jun 6, 2016
    Your dealer and other posters are right , you need to slam on a few times to clear the old dust from light breaking in traffic etc