Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i think he is doing this because the 560sl was never sold in europe - that was a usa only model i think and was made to make up for the extra exhaust restrictions on usa cars. so now you can buy these, take off all the smog crap, and run a higher hp car. just a theory.

2. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim

Can you post a link mate?

3. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Correct, it was actually also sold in Japan and Australia but never in Europe. In any case, my point was that $17K was all the money and then some for one like the example in the BaT auction.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I went to look just now, the UK dealer has several 456, but it looks like the 17K miles, black/tan has been sold..

They wanted mid 70s pounds sterling which made it a $150K buy in USD.

Still it was a beautiful example, nearly new in appearance.
    Hold on, I traded PMs with the owner you can ask if he sold or with drew it...

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Member: Black/black612

It was at Rardley Motors, UK and they still have several 6 speeds and automatics too.

6. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    mid-70s GBP is a little less than $100K at current exchange rates.

7. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    At $100USD is respectable value for a what is to the public a forgotten model.

8. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely, and the cars are good value for that money even if one laments not buying earlier. You get a car the family can enjoy with you, that is seen in the wild once in a decade by most people, understated Pininfarina design, and performance so close to the 550 as makes no difference in the real world. I can't think of a better car for $100K.

9. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    All that's true, but I think 100k is high to tell the truth. Course it wasn't too high for that buyer so...

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    This 456 was a no sale. I looked it over briefly when I was at the viewing day on Friday. Sticky issues, quite a lot of wear on the drivers seat, think the reserve was rather optimistic..

12. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
  13. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Good googly moogly that looks like a lot of car for the money - one owner, clear Carfax (whatever that means)... Why is the price so low? I understand the 456 being an under-appreciated car and all, but come on...

14. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I see a Grey Automatic with Grey interior has popped up on Ebay, down in Jacksonville.

15. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Marshall Goldman has a beautiful 1999 456M GT, 13,000 miles, fresh belt service, available for only $138,900. I know this makes Laserguru very happy. Me too.

16. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    Seems like a nice car for the money - wonder about it's maintenance history.

I have a 1995. I notice one odd thing - the ashtray lid on the one in the ad has a little bump on the top to make it easier to grab and open. Mine is flat (and never stays shut). I wonder if this car has had some aftermarket update to cure the most vexing problem of them all!

17. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    Ha, mine too. I even replaced it with a new one and the same thing happens!

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Could only be happier, Plucky, if they swapped the 9 and the 3!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

19. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    Only? They lowered the price to 129 and it's not going anywhere right away. The dealership has bought it from the owner though.IMHO, Once it get's below 100k it might sell, but there are a lot of nice cars out there for a lot less. This car has been at this dealership for about 3 months so far.

20. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    We'll see. Marshall Goldman has the luxury of time to wait for Mr. Right even if its not right now. And its not like there's a lot of inventory of these.

21. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    You're right. As of now about 10 cars for sale in the US, at least 3 are manuals. I don't know how many in Europe.

22. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    #548 asgor, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Just found this 1995 456GT 6-speed (green over tan) while clicking around the interwebs... http://californiacars.com/product/1995-ferrari-456-gt/

Asking price is quite reasonable - for a 6-speed with 33k miles. Also, the images show potential (OK maybe not so much the added Scuderia shields - whatever) but who knows...

23. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Damn it! Was hoping this one would stay hush hush so I can sort out a way to buy it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Everybody knows all the 95s were 6 speeds, right? The GTA was not introduced until CY 1996 and in the US were MY 97s with Motronic 5.2 and OBDII. No MY 96 456 GTs or GTAs were produced for the US.