Cover for viper arm - Ferrari 412 | FerrariChat

Cover for viper arm - Ferrari 412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by peder412, Jan 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peder412

peder412 Rookie

Dec 27, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peder Hansen
    #1 peder412, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    During a drive home in rain I lost one of the Wiper Arm Covers (part no. 257-84-416-10) on my Ferrari 412. I have not succeeded getting them from my normal sources (Eurospares and Maranello parts) so now I am asking if someone has a cover lying around that I can buy, know where I can buy one or know other cars where the wiper arms where used. The arms where manufactured by the Italian company OSLV.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. peder412

peder412 Rookie

Dec 27, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peder Hansen
    #2 peder412, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wiper arm cover for a 412 is perhaps not the most interesting part but it is anyway difficult find. I tried a number of different Ferrari shops on the internet – no one had it. I wrote to the manufacture OSVL and they suggested that I should contact their Italian reseller. I did but they newer replied.

I didn’t have much luck at FerrariChat either – no replies.

One god thing about a wiper cover is that there are two. That means that I have one that can be used to make a mold. And so I did. Made a silicon mold and made a resin copy of my other original cover. After a few tests the result where ok and can be used until I perhaps find an original. The copy is at the front of the picture.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Try rimmerbros.co.uk . They stock all sorts of covers for range rover, landrover, mini etc, and I recall on one of my old classic Range Rovers, the cap for the front and rear wiper arms is very similar, if not identical. Their prices are reasonable, and I have had good service from them every time. Good luck!

4. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Nice work Peder :)

5. Cdcasarella

Cdcasarella Rookie

Apr 29, 2016
    pound ridge ,ny
    Full Name:
    charles casarella
    Have you found a source for the wiper cap on a Ferrari 412? I am also looking for a cap
    On my 412, lost one during restoration.

6. Cdcasarella

Cdcasarella Rookie

Apr 29, 2016
    pound ridge ,ny
    Full Name:
    charles casarella
    Peder, nice work , can I pay you to make another for my 412, ?

7. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I am in dire need for the elongated "acorn nut" that these cover. Any thoughts are appreciated. Jq.

8. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    In case this acorn nut is the wiper arm nut 255-84-074-03, it is declared as normal stock holding at Maranello Classic parts.

9. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Also in stock today at Eurospares - about GBP6.00 each.

10. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Peder, nice work, can you make me two, I'd pay of course.... thanks, Oliver

11. Cdcasarella

Cdcasarella Rookie

Apr 29, 2016
    pound ridge ,ny
    Full Name:
    charles casarella
    Onsilver thanks Oliver , the demand for caps is increasing, I am working on
    A guy with a 3 D printer , hope for a good answer , Charles

12. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I would love to buy a set too...

13. I bought a replacement through Eurospares, as mentioned above. They are quite fragile and will easily pop off or crack. I would similarly be interested in locally produced replacement.

While we at it, has anyone ever done a 3D reproduction of the chromed plastic covers for the hinges on the sides of the front seats. I recall a discussion about this some time ago. OEMs seem to be impossible to source.

14. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Just had my seats out, and carefully repaired a broken one on the passenger's seat. While installing the driver's seat, the outside cover caught on my sleeve and cracked - a few Latin expressions ensued. They really need to be die stamped in alloy, but I guess 3D printed in something tough would suffice.

15. Cdcasarella

Cdcasarella Rookie

Apr 29, 2016
    pound ridge ,ny
    Full Name:
    charles casarella
    chas26
    I have found a Porsche part that will fit on the wiper arm of a 412 with some trim work . the Porsche part # is 993 628 305 00.