CV Axle Boot Clamps | FerrariChat

CV Axle Boot Clamps

Discussion in '348/355' started by marbroman, Aug 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marbroman

marbroman Rookie

Jun 15, 2016
    Fellas,

I have tried and tried to find OEM axle bootclips (OEM from Lobro Axles) is fitting the Lobro boot 153 15 75 00 003. Dimensions of that boot, which is the same as the Porsche 930 boots that I have acquired ($7 each versus $$$$ from Ricambi) are as follows:

Outside diam big end: 69 mm (this is OD as measured fitted over the flange) band width 9 mm.

Outside diam little end: 32.6 mm (this is OD as measured fitted over the axle shaft) band with 7 mm.

The original bands I cut off were Oetiker Syst 74 style (plated steel) ONE EAR STEPLESS CLAMPS. They are no longer available from Oetiker.

The replacement style bands from Oetiker are type 167 stainless steel one ear stepless clamps.]

Does anyone have a reliable supplier that would be willing to sell me and handful of each of these. I don't want to buy 100 or so off eBay, and Oteiker is not being particularly helpful. Maybe Porshe sell these to go with their boots?

ALSO. I AM LOATHED TO USE THE CHEAP CHINESE UNIVERSAL FIT TYPE .

Can anyone help me. I am located in Canada to make matters worse.Might as well live in Upper Togo.

2. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What's wrong with the 123 or 167 series? (167 appears to be made for PEX)

When I needed an Oetiker clamp for my CV boot axle rebuild, I tried all local car dealers. Volvo was the only one who stocked what I needed.

3. marbroman

marbroman Rookie

Jun 15, 2016
    Thanks for such quick reply. There is nothing wrong with the Oetiker 167 style, in fact that is exactly what I want to use. The problem is that there are no longer any companies in ALL OF CANADA that rebuild CV axles, any longer, they all are remanufactured units and I only need the boots replaced. I have the EXACT boots and new grease, but suppliers of Oetiker in Canada do not stock the diameters I need and their distributors insist on minimum quantities of 100 to bring in new inventory. I need four clips (2 big end, 2 small end). Sheesh! Do you happen to have a Volvo part number?

4. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Aw italian used to sell kits.

Could not find on their website now.

5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005