VPN | Page 2 | FerrariChat

VPN

Discussion in 'Technology' started by stevenwk, Jun 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    A friend of mine set up vpns for buddies in china running from his Cisco routers. Works great but I picture him disappearing in the middle of the night..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
  3. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm going to be living six months of the year in europe, but want to be able to watch USA TV via streaming. Can't do it without using a VPN to make the streaming websites think I'm in the USA in my understanding...can you all recommend a VPN approach for doing that?

Thanks.

5. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Or you could just use the Opera browser - which allowed me to have the stream of the recent Spa 24 Hour race broadcast think I was in Holland when I was sitting comfortably on the East coast of the United States.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Interesting, thanks. However, I think it would be more fun to watch it while in Holland... at a bruin café... having a bier. :)

7. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    PIA is recommended and I’ve also heard some good feedback about nord

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Is this built in to Opera now? I don't think I have used it in 10+ years. I did like it though.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes.

10. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Just to add another data point for those who may stumble in here later - I use the OpenVPN package on a Netgear router at home and download the client to iPads, tablets and smartphones. I then use the OpenVPN client to connect back home whenever I'm on a public WiFi and by public I mean any network not under my control. I also run a PiHole ad-blocker on my home network and my VPN traffic goes through the PiHole so I get no advertising on my phones and tablets.
    Obviously this VPN scenario does not include concealing my location, defeating geoblocking, etc. but it does give me a lot of peace of mind.