3.2 Cabriolet- Only 43 miles with a fresh major service | Page 2 | FerrariChat

3.2 Cabriolet- Only 43 miles with a fresh major service

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by sixcarbs, Jul 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    What happened with the listing?

2. stockyg

stockyg Rookie

Nov 17, 2016
    S Wales. UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi, the listing was finished early as I had some interest locally. Though no sale. A very worth while exercise as I have very little 'Ferrari experience' and gained valuable information. Although in excellent condition I had nothing to compare it with. The ad' attracted the attention of an official from the FOC who subsequently viewed the car. He examined the car and felt the car to be as new. He went onto say it was the best condition car he'd ever seen and could be museum displayed. The second car was then checked over, the US car, and you can imagine how pleased I was when he said, It was virtually as good as the first. Things could have been very different as these were a spur of the moment buy, unseen. Not usually that brave (stupid). Thanks again for comments.

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    So is it for sale? What's the price? It was up to $76k in US dollars on eBay which must have been a world record price on this side of the pond...Surprised it was yanked without a cash in hand deposit.

4. TGIF

TGIF Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Milpitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Paully
    Awesome Car. Ferrari should have showcased it at the 70th anniversary display at Pebble Beach where they showed all models in celebrating 70 years. All all models but Not a Mondial.. Was the ONLY Model not listed in the 80s, 7s0s, 90s and maybe others but didn't check. Sad, Ferrari still doesn't give the Mondial love.

However I got tons of thumbs up and "love you car" while driving my Mondial around. Hope the sale registers with the true cost as it will help raise the value.

A few notables on my end.
    Car is Euro as doesn't have the Catalyst sticker near the Vin for US. The Tag is import tag (L&D) as if designated for US it would be a Ferrari door tag. As for import: DMV or local police don't sweat the bumpers or 3rd brake light. Past 25 years (for some models) so DMV doens't need the import tag either as long as VIN is in 3 places (Frame, column and a rivet'ed tag (Hood/Frunk). As for smog, mine passed (wink, wink)..

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I hope you find this useful

Keep in mind that a Mondial t Coupe with 1,200 miles sold for 95,000 Euros a few years ago

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi, if this list is accurate no 365/400/412, no F355, and no 612 either.

I talked to a few folks in Marenello, and rest assured the Mondial love is alive and well.

:)

Also keep in mind that on the official Ferrari website, they featured the Mondial twice in their retrospective, again skipping some other models!

7. TGIF

TGIF Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Milpitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Paully
    Paul C, thanks. You'd figure showcase is in the digital display.. It was an awesome showing. I saw the Mecum car and high bid was $30k (T125) for the '81 with 34k miles. Looked good for the age.

At the Russo and Stelle Auction Saturday night they had 1 of 2 US spec prototypes '91 512 TR's that had like 1400 miles on it... Along with a 328 and a few BBI's.. Their Star was a '53 250 Europa which was restored better then new and for a little $1,050,000 if not mistaken..

Just did a topic on the Concours before seeing your note above.

8. stockyg

stockyg Rookie

Nov 17, 2016
    S Wales. UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Great info and links. Auction figures confirm Silverstones claim of world record price for Mondial. Approx' £65k inc'. Looks like I've paid world record for my car ! Car is completely original in the spec' which can be seen and believed always intended for US. Car has only been cleaned by my son, using 'Waterless' wash & polish, and we left some of the spider webs which were present when purchased as can be seen on exhaust box. The car can be for sale if there is interest. Many thanks for info'. Regards.

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Graham, congratulations on the car. It is probably the most pristine 3.2 in the world. It's a beauty.

10. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    I'm a huge fan of the Mondial Cab - that short, stubby nose and low profile. Beautiful lines. How I would love to own this car!