Looking to buy 360/430 - first timer in OK | FerrariChat

Looking to buy 360/430 - first timer in OK

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by ScottDixon, Aug 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottDixon

ScottDixon Rookie

Sep 14, 2014
    Norman, OK
    Are there any 360/430 owners in the Norman/OKC area who would like to meet for a coffee so I can see if I would fit in those models? I'm 6-4" and about 270 pounds. I can easily do Tulsa area as well.

Thank you,

Scott

2. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    FYI - I'm from Jenks and I'm built similarly to you. I can tell you that you won't be happy with a mid-engine V-8. You can probably wedge yourself in - I did when I went up to Lake Forest and down to Boardwalk to try on one of everything because I had the same concerns - but you won't be comfortable and you'll be looking forward to climbing out. The firewall behind the seats in the mid-engine cars (360/430/458) allows for minimal seat adjustment and virtually no rake and threading your legs under the steering wheel and into the footwell is "interesting". FWIW, I wound up with a 612 which is comfortably proportioned for large grownups. Second choice would have been a Cali or possibly a 550/575/599 but the 612 was the obvious winner.

3. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    A 550 would be a great choice if you want a traditional transmission. 550's are great cars, I put nearly 50,000 miles on mine!

4. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    And yes, Scott - you're welcome to sit in my car (no sharps or metal.) BTW - Caffeine & Gasoline tomorrow at BMW of Tulsa starting at 9 AM. I'm planning on being there if there's no rain and there's usually an F430 or two and a 458. If it's inclement, send me a PM.

5. ScottDixon

ScottDixon Rookie

Sep 14, 2014
    Norman, OK
    Thanks guys!