Need a Part# 170956-VACUUM PUMP | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Need a Part# 170956-VACUUM PUMP

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by kerrywittig, Jan 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    So somebody in this a thread must have a broken shaft for the BB.... How about sending one to me and I'll make up a couple of dozen that won't break... Seems like a "logical" step?!!?!

Confounded Me

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #127 turbo-joe, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    good idea kerry :)

sorry, I only have this one not broken.
    but the size is exactly the same as the TR shaft, only rotating otherwise and so the slots are mirror wise.
    I once tried to change only the shaft and it is matching, but not right working for vacuum - logical when it is rotating otherwise

but also I think the shafts from the BB will not brake as often as from the TR. I mentioned already my meaning why the TR shaft always will brake ( no right oil return ), and the pump at the BB is mounted so, that the oil hole return hole is at the buttom. and since I turned my TR pump 90° that the oil return hole is also at the buttom I have no problems any more - not yet :)

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    This was not directed towards you.... If someone is obviously looking to replace their shaft... I would assume they possess a broken shaft....

Pointing out the obvious Me

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I know it was not directed to me kerry

if I would have one with broken shaft it would be already on the way to you

but as I have written before: the dimensions are exactly the same as the TR shaft, even the moving plates inside are matching

5. maxtwo

maxtwo Rookie

Apr 20, 2009
    Trumbull, CT
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    I just found out that my vacuum pump has a broken shaft, do you still have one and what's the cost?

6. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    I got you a new pump shaft that will not break... garunterd. If it ever does you get a new one FREE.... comes with the O-rings& free shipping for $595.

7. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    If anyone needs a shaft or wants to be proactive and replace the OEM before it fails and introduces metal shavings into the oil system, I have Chomoly repalement shafts that have been re-designed and will never snap guaranteed forever (or replaced FREE).....$595 USD, includes shipping within the US.

Me