Algar Ferrari | FerrariChat

Algar Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Jun 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I wanted to take a moment and praise Algar Ferrari. My journey to order my new 2017 488 GTB was a long process that lasted two years. Throughout that time I visited and spoke with many dealers, some good, some not. Without question, the best experience I have ever had with the Ferrari brand has been with the team at Algar, particularly the sales manager, Francis. Simply stated, they treated me with respect, they didn't play the typical games, they always were available, they answered every question clearly and they did exactly what they said they would do. I admit, I kept waiting for them to disappoint me but that day never came. All my interaction with them (Tony, Patrick, Edward, Rachel in service, Jessica at the front desk, Brent in service, Kevin in parts) until the moment that Wayne delivered my car was excellent. I recommend them highly.

2. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki

3. mdslone

mdslone Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    South
    Full Name:
    FerrariM
    Awesome buddy!

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Great news! Congratulations on your new 488!!

5. tunlhd1

tunlhd1 Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago IL area
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are a great dealer. I had a positive experience with them when I bought my first Ferrari in 2014

6. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Please also send a letter of appreciation to McLaren, they seem to be keeping Ferrari on their toes recently... Given the 720s, many 488 prospects seem to have been receiving allocations despite never having owned a new F car before.

7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    ... Or maybe it's because previous F-car owners aren't as interested in the 488 as they have been with previous new model introductions... Just sayin... There are certainly more market dynamics at play here than McLaren and their 720.

8. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #8 jim g, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Mac has nothing to do with it and 488 has plenty of interest. Algar is one of if not the best dealer in the country,I've been dealing with them for 20 years and 10 Ferrari's later they are still the best.

9. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My buying experience at Algar was likewise extremely positive. The first time I visited Algar, I arrived in a beaten-up 2002 Chevy Prism and thought they surely wouldn't take me seriously - I was wrong. They treated with the same respect as if I arrived in Bentley. I bought a 2013 Italia there and it was a very pleasurable buying experience. Francis and Tony are the best. Highly recommended.

10. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Never made a deal....but Francis is a good guy.

11. MARANELLONATION

MARANELLONATION Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    North Andover Ma. 01845
    Full Name:
    Michael A. Ferrante
    Although from the Boston area Francis has had some great advice over the years for me.
    It's always a pleasure to speak with him.He has the best Italian pronunciation of all Ferrari' models you have ever heard !!!

12. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Its always nice to hear good things about Algar.
    Everyone at Algar are top notch and Francis and Tony are two of the most respected guys out there.
    When I first started to dream about owning my first Ferrari I was working near Algar. I am in the construction industry and was staring in the front window looking at a Testarossa and decided to walk in the showroom. I was dressed in work jeans, sweat shirt and work boots.
    Francis came out to greet me and walked me through the entire showroom explaining different models to me. I had no money and wasn't ready to buy anything but Francis treated me like I had I had a million dollars. I will never forget that day and that experience.
    I know it wasn't just a one time thing either.
    I have seen the same thing on a Saturday afternoon when a parent and child come in just to admire the cars and Tony or Francis have always taken the time to walk people around the showroom in a friendly and respectful manner.

13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I actually connected the OP with Algar and I'm glad he had a great experience. Francis and Tony are the best. I bought my Maserati GT from them and they are superb.

14. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Totally agree with all the positive comments about Algar, Francis & Tony. Great people to deal with. I bought a 488 Spider from them a few weeks ago. They made it so damn easy. Thanks guys.

15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I wish I have a dealer in LA like that.

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Over the years I have had some dealings with Algar and found them first rate. This just confirms what others have said.

Algar has a loooooong positive history going back before Mac's even existed.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Wow that's too bad. I've had a great experience with the LA dealer as well.

18. Mojosan

Mojosan Formula 3

Jan 31, 2008
    NJ
    Sold my 430 to Algar, good experience as well.

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Same here....BevHills is fantastic.

20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Livio in Algar parts is great too. First class guy. I've been buying parts for years thru him yet never met him. Bought my first 360 from them sight unseen years ago. No issues. Super easy.

21. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I first dealt with Algar in 2012, a few months after I bought my F430 Spider. They did a mechanical renovation on one of my Dinos, and I traded my other Dino to them toward a 458 Spider in 2014. Francis is wonderful to deal with, and Mike Bloch in service is extremely accommodating, especially with transportation arrangements. I wouldn't think of looking elsewhere to buy or service a Ferrari. Fred