2006 Mercedes ML350 4matic 72K $10,000 | FerrariChat

2006 Mercedes ML350 4matic 72K $10,000

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by davew, Aug 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    #1 davew, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am selling my 2006 ML350 with 72,XXX miles. Description follows:

Purchased new by me in 2006
    All manuals, receipts for work, original window sticker
    Original MSRP $48,085
    Pewter metallic with black interior.

Price is $10,000, however the vehicle does need to have the ISM (Intelligent Servo Module) for the transmission replaced. This is the part that controls the electric shifting from Park to Drive. The cost for this repair is $1,000, so I will sell for $8,800 as-is if that works better for a buyer.

The car has no accidents, no paintwork. It did have some minor hail damage when it was 2 weeks old, necessitating paintless dent repair. There is only one small ding that is not noticeable at the front of the hood. I have meticulously had any minor dings repaired by PDR over the life of the vehicle.

Condition is extremely good - I have obsessively maintained this vehicle since I purchased it new in April 2006. The carpets and floor mats have no wear or dirt - they have been covered (including rear storage area) by floor liners since day 1. No tears or damage to any seats. Exterior show no paint damage or fading, any rock chip (and there are very few) has been touched up. Wheels have no curb rash or scratches. All glass is original.

All switches, accessories, etc. work. (I have not subscribed to TeleAid in several years so not sure if that equipment is out of date.)

Tires should be at 50+%. Bridgestones were installed at approx. 55K miles.

Has trailer hitch from factory.

As far as maintenance, all is up to date with the most recent service done May 2017 at approx. 71,000 miles.

Recent work - All brake rotors & pads replaced within the past approx. 7000 miles
    - Headlights replaced 1 yr. ago - the originals had protective film applied which pulled some of the coating off of the headlights when the film was removed.
    - 4 of the 7 pieces of wood trim were replaced approx. 2 1/2 years ago as the clear varnish on those pieces had some cracks.
    - Xpel clear film applied to front bumper, front part of hood & fenders, rockers below the door molding, A pillars, front of roof, and top of rear bumper approx. 1 year ago.
    - Recommended transmission fluid change at 38K miles was done.
    - Main battery replaced approx. 2 years ago.

I am going off of memory on the dates listed above, however I have receipts in the vehicle which will detail any and all work done over the life of the vehicle.

As mentioned above, the ISM module does need replacing. I can have this done or sell at the reduced price if a buyer has access to a less costly way to replace it. I have the clear title to the vehicle.

I am selling the vehicle as I just bought another new car, and I have not driven this one very much over the past few years.

Any interested party please PM me and I will be glad to discuss further. I am a firm believer in full disclosure.

(Bike carrier in photos not included.)

Additional photos will be added as soon as possible. And sorry for the poor quality.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    #3 davew, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    BTW here's the VIN: 4JGBB86E66A081945

4. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Mercedes depreciation is simply staggering. I cannot believe that car is less than $10k.

5. 18 Speed Huffy

Apr 19, 2012
    Still for sale?