612 Replacement Radio | Page 2 | FerrariChat

612 Replacement Radio

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ferrari Monkey, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    I havent done it but ways back there were some people who managed to put an AUX IN by using and replacing the CD changer input... I would like to do this too and adding a wired Bluetooth adapter especially if it is reversible (I am trying to keep my manual 612 100% stock for collectible value) but didn't push the idea further.

2. kenehresman

kenehresman Karting

Jul 15, 2012
    YOu can order from Becker America either the aux input plug to remove the CD changer input and use it, as well as if you want to stream bluetooth they make the same module to do that. albeit the bluetooth will require a power tap somewhere to function, the line input wouldn't... with either you could remove and not impede any collect-ability and restore to original... I have used both on my 612, and they both function just as expected... Line input would be a 5 minute install, remove radio using special tool on each side, unplug CD input, plug in Aux and figure out where you want to fish it out ....thats it

3. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Any link by chance?

4. Titanium

Titanium Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 24, 2015
    Hayward, CA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Alessi
    I have a Gen 1 with the original Becker radio - ordered the adapter made by Becker. It plugs into the back of the radio and has iPhone connector - powers phone and plays output via the Aux selection. The in dash CD plays, but the adapter takes the place of the CD changer in the trunk. I'm not familiar with connector for android phones so I don't know if there is a different adapter for those from Becker.

5. Shiva_Austria

Shiva_Austria Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Austria
    @Titanium: Could you send my the link to the Becker adapter. Thx

6. Titanium

Titanium Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 24, 2015
    Hayward, CA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Alessi
    #31 Titanium, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Beckerautosound is the seller on ebay. The item is:

2000-2008 Ferrari iPhone 5/6 iPad cable 360 Spyder/F430/575 Maranello/456M/612
    Becker Aux iPod iphone BAS-iPod lighting

I just checked and they still are selling the units for about $120.

Below is the link:

2000-2008 Ferrari iPhone 5/6 iPad cable 360 Spyder/F430/575 Maranello/456M/612 | eBay

7. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Is it OK with iPhone 7?

8. Titanium

Titanium Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 24, 2015
    Hayward, CA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Alessi
    I am using a new iPhone 5SE running IOS 10.3.2. I don't know if iPhone 7 is an issue - guessing that the operating system and connection are key. The seller does seem to respond to questions on eBay so that would be good to ask before purchasing.

I will see if one of my colleagues has an iPhone 7 that we can test!

9. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    m5shiv likes this.
  10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have a bluetooth adapter, works great with the Bose.

My son was asking me, and I thought I would ask the forum, has anyone tried to drop a larger hard drive into the Bose system?

11. Bdearmas3

Bdearmas3 Rookie

Sep 9, 2015
    Miami
    so the 612 with DIN2 Bose units are screw? No options to connect an AUXaudio device like iphone/ipod?

12. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    My experience is that the Bose equipped units do have an iPad connector in the glove box. If works great and charges the iPad. My satellite radio system works great also. I connect my iPhone via Bluetooth. So for me the system overall works great. M5shiv, what does the amazon system you mentioned add to the mix? I am happy with my system but always will go with something better. Thanks.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have ipod connection on my 2009 oto. i can check the sticker but im pretty sure its oem,
    this is what im putting in my FF as we speak. I have one in an e36 M3 and its awesome -- very easy to navigate etc.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVW8500/Pioneer-AVIC-W8500NEX.html?tp=72406

14. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    It adds Bluetooth audio streaming so you can play music through the Bose with any phone, wirelessly

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you saying the double din bose in a 612 OTO can stream music via BT? ive never tried that. wld be great if its the case.

16. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Thanks for that info. I had meant “iPod” not “iPad” in my original post. So I find the system already works great for my present music library. It also works great for satellite radio. These are my primary sources of music and the system does work great for that.

However my wife has Apple Play in her Porsche and she streams Amazon Music on her phone. It is a nice addition on long trips so this does sound like something I should add.

Thanks very much for the explanation!

17. Bdearmas3

Bdearmas3 Rookie

Sep 9, 2015
    Miami
    I can see on my 2008 612 non OTO car with BOSE double DIN head unit that it has a USB inpum on the lower right part of the stereo. Will this USB slot works with an iPod? Anyone has tried it before?

18. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I have 2007 with Bose. I have a factory iPod connector in the glove box. Don’t you have that?

19. Bdearmas3

Bdearmas3 Rookie

Sep 9, 2015
    Miami
    NO, mine has none and its 2008.

20. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    That is strange. They certainly came with them in that time period and there was really no difference between the late 07s and the early 08s (mine was one of the last 07s and was essentially a customer ordered car). Maybe you should see if there is a jack or something that you can buy that plugs in through the glove box.

21. Modena_2003

Modena_2003 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2008
    Saudi.Arabia / London
    Full Name:
    Moe Al-Bayat
    Same here!

I have the boss system but nothing in the glove box that I could use to connect an iPod!

22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I believe the IPod connection was an option. I recall seeing a separate charge for it on the original sticker. Not sure what is involved with getting it dealer added now but it seems that it was around $1k as an option.

23. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Randy, you are correct. I was doing some snooping around and here’s a earlier thread on the subject.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/612-bluetooth.508323/page-4

However logically this would mean that there is a part available to be able to adapt it.

24. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Fortunately I had an old IPod and it works OK for old tech. But it is kind of fuggly relative to current systems.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So can anyone with a 2009 oto or later confirm if you can stream via the Bluetooth connection?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RonH likes this.