2004 Challenge Stradale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2004 Challenge Stradale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by h2oskier, Jul 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Zero intent and I apologize if you feel that way. The paint is the first thing I've mentioned to the couple here interested.
    I thought this entire community knew this info honestly as it's been posted as a match to my Carrara White Scud many times. Carrara white is night and day different to Bianco Avus.

Heck you even knew from your guess on a Vin that's never been posted anywhere. I myself don't even have the Vin available without getting the title from my safety deposit box because the cars 150 miles from me at a dealer getting its belt service.

How many whites have ever been for sale? I've seen 2, one storied from Peurto Rico and one 8-10 years ago in Germany. I've seen no others ever and possibly won't with rumored 10 made. Id expect a factory white well north of $300k.

2. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin

Fair enough, it's easy to misread intentions on the internet. I appreciate the reply.

3. wrinvest

wrinvest Rookie

Aug 25, 2013
    This ad reminds me of another car for sale on Fchat, a white Scud no less. This week on the 38th post the OP for that ad disclosed the stripe was not factory but instead painted on than clear coated, the most difficult to reverse. And that was only after an F-Chater called him out just like with this CS. No big deal in either case....... apparently.

White Scud ad
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/553034-2009-f430-scuderia-2.html

4. Welikethetrack

Dec 9, 2015
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Leo Haury
    I like your car and have a ton of respect for someone that just repaints a brand new CS the color they want. They did it for their enjoyment which is what a car is for after all :) I mean, i would guess your wheels aren't factory either could be wrong, dont think ur trying to deceive people on that either...I think if ur buying a 300k car u can get a PPI done after asking those questions... I got one my scud a few months ago and find out about the resprays and OG paint, and all the other known stories by getting a PPI...small cost for a big purchase GLWS!

5. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    No, link #1 and #3 are the same car.

However, there are currently 7 Bianco Avus CS on the market - 6 in Europe and 1 in Japan...and 10 (like stated somewhere above) is not even close to the current number of known original white CS!

6. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    I've seen posts about this car for years. The Carrara White is beautiful and I love it!

7. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Thanks
    I tend to be a little lax about my approach to things. It's one of 18 cars I own so I definitely don't know everything or think about everything.
    It's at a Ferrari Dealer now, that makes it really easy to get a PPI done :)

I bought a very good no stripe car to paint. Always the intent.
    I guess if the guys can paint their $25 million GTOs I can paint a car worth as much as the glove box
    Are these cars legal to import to the US?

Mike Law told me there are 20 of them. I guess the good news is mine is White and those are Cream....bianco avus. Ha
    Thank you, in person it's pretty special.

8. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Happy belated birthday old man!

9. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Thanks Greg

10. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    And after he indicated that there were no mods or at least no modes that involved the stripe. And if it's the same one I remember, several members came on to vouch for him; one of the reasons we should take these endorsements with a grain of salt.

11. mrfiorano

mrfiorano Karting

Feb 22, 2016
    HIALEAH
    Full Name:
    Rolando Grillo
    still for sale?