FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2017: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2017: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

:)

2. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Nice to see Haas up there. I will be cheering. Look for me in a Haas cap in section I, row 7 across from the Paddock. :)

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari doesn't and never operated that way. They prefer to get the best driver as a clear #1 and then a #2. Ferrari doesn't do the grooming part, they let someone else do that.

Kimi isn't stupid, he knows he's #2. And there's no shame in being a #2 to a 4x WDC, a guy earning 6-7x what Kimi earns in a season.

Overwhelmingly poor performance? Jog on.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

It's not acted. Hamilton is a spoiled prick in real life. Always has been, presumably always will be.

5. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I find it hard to believe that a former world champion would be happy to be hired to do nothing other than support Seb, but if you say so...

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Former WDC compared to a 4x WDC. He knows his place. He knows he can compete against him but can also think further than that.

Liking it to an office:

Would you really expect sales manager 1 to outperform sales manager 2, despite #1 being paid a fifth of his salary? Exactly.

7. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In that case it still makes no sense. Ferrari would be better off employing a young gun on the clear understanding that his job was to support the no.1 driver (and for probably a fraction of the money they pay Kimi) who could be the future of the team.

Don't want to argue with you. We just see it differently, and I'm guessing you're a big Kimi fan deep down.

In regards to Hamilton, I'm in furious agreement with you. :D

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Raikkonen has known for some time that he is not world champion material anymore, but he still enjoys racing. So, he is de facto Number 2.

The problem with Kimi is that he has become very irregular in his performance, but make no illusion about it, he is still quick; plus he is easy to handle for the team, and gives good feedback.

Put a young hotshoe like Verstappen at the Scuderia, and immediately he would start challenging Vettel, take points away from him, etc... That's potential conflict.

A team like Ferrari works well when there is a Number One, and a Number 2, and everybody knows his place.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I am a Kimi fan, but I'm open minded about a replacement as well should it be needed.

A young gun, none finer than Lecerc IMO. This guy is sensational and about to break all records in F2 (formerly GP2/F3000). He's already a Ferrari sponsored driver and I'm struggling to see where he could possibly drive (in F1) next year. IMO they should take a chance. Ferrari doesn't really care about the Constructors title so much, and since he's new he'll be obedient also. From what I've seen of him in junior categories he should be just fine in F1, and definitely a rising star.

They'll also get him for nothing, of course.

:D

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    He had shaken Vettels hand earlier one - But don't let facts get in the way.

11. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That is true, and while I can't stand Hamilton I despise even more idiot nobodies with a microphone treating the drivers like performing animals.

You must shake his hand now because I want you to and you're on TV?

**** off.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

Yep, they turn F1 into a circus.

13. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Well put..Steve355 ! Neither Ham or Vettel need to be loved by everyone, including the tifosi !......or this forum. They are paid handsomely to do a job.......and that job is make their team the constructors championship winners.......all the rest is pap for the press, and half of what they report is garbage anyway. ''To come first, first you have to finish''

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Omg what an excuser!

He was asked to shake his hand in front of the live feed. Instead he motioned to his teammate: "Let's get the hell outta here".

He stood there during the entire interviews like a child upset that the other kids where getting all the attention and he wasn't.

That's the sign of a loser.

The FIA should investigate him for being a jerk.

They will find him guilty.

15. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nope.
    The first thing he did when they all got out of the cars was shake Vettel's hand.
    Anyone who was watching would have seen that.

Why should he do it again on demand for some self-important git from the media?
    So that idiot can say "I'm the guy who got Hamilton and Vettel to shake hands"?
    Pfffft.

Remember, I can't stand Hamilton and am happy be the first to criticise him when he deserves it, but not this time.
    He was right to treat that goose with the contempt he deserved.

Where DO the media get these idiots from?

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly - Well said

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    YOU'RE WRONG MAYOR - The interviewer was a clown doing a clown show

18. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Kimi is like Massa but in a better car.

19. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I hate social media, but if in this case it's pointing out the truth: Good.

It's time the mainstream media lifted their game in general, and in terms of Formula 1 the SkyF1 mob need to realise they broadcast to the World, not just England.

The endless crap about the events of the last race has been nauseating, to say the least.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 LH is a media darling until the media is not working for him depending on what LH is dealing with. He is happy to RUN to them to get his word out. Fan engagement at its worst.

Again I tried to like him but life is short and LH really doesnt matter at all. He drives an F1 car. Wow. Im not blind to what it means in the larger scheme at all. That applies to any driver by the way. I dont need a hero to make my life better. F1 hero worship is silly.

He'd prefer to manipulate the media rather than be available for it. No loss. Its easy to hit mute when he talks.

The SKY presenter may have been somewhat loud or annoying but he is doing his job and asked for a very simple thing. A polite and engaged LH could have said-- well, we just shook hands and I look forward to the race tomorrow and moving up the grid.

The SKY gent may not have been aware himself of the previous hand shake.

21. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Did you even read what I posted?

22. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I am a fan of Ferrari and Michael Schumacher doesn't mean the media povoking more untruthness over the last race and then this so that they make rich off of this is in excuseable

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The elton fans are getting nervous that his anger at the FIA for not penalising vettel will get him in trouble...... there there

24. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Stop being a racist! ;)