Cool Morning Contrail | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cool Morning Contrail

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by LouB747, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    #26 LouB747, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    #27 LouB747, Jul 2, 2017
  3. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    #28 LouB747, Jul 2, 2017
  4. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    I told her she seemed bitter and needed a Tic-Tac.

I've gotten so many others like this. It's a strange world we live in!

5. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Thx for posting those. I've had similar comments on FB from so-called aware people. I usually egg them on because I can't believe people are so gullible. My pilot contemporaries usually dog-pile on and add to the conspiracy, lol.

I told one FB poster the reason I moved to Hawaii a few years back was to avoid the 'chemtrail' mind altering affects. I told him the constant trade winds magically disperse the harmful chemicals...

6. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Matt Drudge came to prominence by breaking the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky story when Newsweek had it, and was sitting on it. (No pun intended)

It's a reliably Right Wing political news site; I read it daily.

Making Drudge is kinda a big deal...enjoy your 15 minutes...great video...

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Best response I have seen was "must be smoke from the burning batteries"

I assume Boeing has fixed that issue but I still thought it was funny.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    P T Barnum was certainly correct. Seems to be a lot of tin foil hat folks out there.

9. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There was a fake news article sent to me about how Trump visited a chem-trail plane and ended funding for the chem-trail spraying research. I sent back the snopes article debunking it, that explained the source was a satirical news site. Sender then told me he has heard snopes is posting lies now so he doesn't know who to believe, lol. The picture involved, is the inside of a plane with water tanks and the equipment to transfer ballast during test flights. And the sender used to build planes at Boeing........

Have you seen the youtube video where the lady claims they are now treating our drinking water in a similar way, because she see's a rainbow in her sprinkler mist? She is convinced they are adding chemicals that cause the rainbows, because when she was a kid, the rainbows never formed in a sprinkler's mist.

10. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I sent this snopes explanation of a news article off to the person that sent me the related article. Their comment was "snopes is known to post lies, so I guess you dont know who to believe".

http://www.snopes.com/trump-tour-chemtrail-plane/

Reminds me of the youtube vodeo where the lady claims chemicals in the drinking water because of a rainbow that formed in her lawn sprinkler's mist.

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Time to invest in Alcoa and Reynolds Wrap :D I saw a vid on Youtube the other day stating that the Asiana 214 crash at SFO was a Hoax.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv7IddakXmU[/ame]

12. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech

WOW.... his tin hat must be made of very special aluminum foil ...:) :)

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    To this scared and confused person,
    " What is the difference between a Conspiracy Theory and Paranoid Delusion?"
    (Answer: NOTHING)

14. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Boeing has mitigated the problem with "improved containment".
    Fixed? It depends on your definition of fixed.

15. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Interesting..... I'm guessing that as systems mature it will be "fixed" to only be a distant memory.

16. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I would support spraying a chemical that would sterilize all these idiots. Good God, how stupid can some folks be?

17. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Have there been any issues since the initial problems?

Haven't heard of any....

I'm remembering the guy on here from the 'Southern Hemisphere' that said that the 787 would never sell or fly commercially, and that Boeing would go into bankruptcy over that.

18. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Lou, sorry for the deviation from the thread.
    Here are answers to the "smoking battery" questions.

To my knowledge no further incidents have occurred due to system revisions and improved containment.

One of the original incidents involved two cells shorting internally and causing a thermal run-away.

Here is a link to official Boeing information that is available to the PUBLIC DOMAIN:
    Boeing to Begin Modifying 787s as FAA Approves Battery Improvements - Apr 19, 2013

Excerpt:
    "The improved battery system includes design changes to both prevent and isolate a fault should it occur. In addition, improved production, operating and testing processes have been implemented. The new steel enclosure system is designed to keep any level of battery overheating from affecting the airplane or even being noticed by passengers.

"This is a comprehensive and permanent solution with multiple layers of protection," said Conner. "The ultimate layer of protection is the new enclosure, which will ensure that even if a battery fails, there is no impact to the airplane and no possibility of fire. We have the right solution in hand, and we are ready to go.

Another PUBLIC DOMAIN link:
    Home - Boeing 787 Updates

NOTE: The mitigations added another 185 lbs to the airplane, kind of negating the advantage of the lighter Lithium bits.

19. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    LouB,

Your video just appeared on Outrageous Acts of Science (season 9, episode 1 - Strangest Things) on the SCI (science?) channel. They even explained contrails as part of the segment.

Fun to see considering knowing the source is someone of Fchat!

Regards,

Art S.

20. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    They are all wrong! The hundreds of thousands of those trails emitted during WW2 during the aerial battles and bomber raids high in the sky were secret weapons in reality and they orchestrated the demise of the Nazi war machine starting with the Luftwaffe. There can be no doubt! As soon as they started , the Luftwaffe began to fade and then the rest of Germany began its march to defeat because the "chemtrails" sowed the dreaded poisons that deranged the brains of everyone...except those who released them. We are all effected now by the higher flying jets and I know it because I see them in the sky every day and I can't seem to balance my check book anymore. So there is the proof. We are doomed!

J.K.P likes this.
  21. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Excellent, Bob...

Can't find my keys, either....