1990 Black Testarossa Stunning interior | FerrariChat

1990 Black Testarossa Stunning interior

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by TestaLA, Jul 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    #1 TestaLA, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
    Excellent buy and a very well sorted car....NOW that is.
    The car has history going all the way back to April 2017. Yes that's right 2017

I had no records when I bought this car. All I knew was it had a clear title and had 45k miles. I'll be glad to share the Carfax, autocheck. I even ran a NMVTIS report and they all came back clean and clear which is what I was told before the purchase. Once I got the car we put it on a lift and there were no signs of any accidents which backs up the Carfax claim. No rust and no sign of any accidents. The new owner will have a service binder with photographs and service records for all of the following that I did in the past few months. All service was done at Black Horse Motors in Los Angeles

When dropping the engine it was absolutely clear that it had been done in the not too distant past and this engine was taken care of. The differential was also in perfect condition, no issues at all. I have the old belts and differential if needed for inspection. Also the shop that dropped the engine can attest that it did not look neglected.

Engine out was done last week. While we were in there we upgraded the differential, checked the fuse box etc. That's right let me repeat that...an upgraded differential! All of this is documented in paperwork as well as photographs. This car is rock solid when it comes to mechanics. Everything that needed to be addressed was addressed. And EVERYTHING works in the car, it's mechanically perfect. There is nothing that doesn't function just as it did the day it was sold. For those buying in California I just passed smog and has cats so this is not a car that has smog issues.

Exterior paint looks great. Had the front lip redone so there are no nicks or cracks.

The interior has an absolutely fresh new look. All the leather was completely restored to showroom condition and the carpets are all new and showroom condition. The interior of this car is simply stunning.

All parts that were worn from the steering wheel to the gear shifter to buttons were all changed or restored to showroom condition. The interior is spectacular. No blemish, shrinkage, or wear. It looks perfect and stunning in person. Anyone who knows these cars understands that there are wear points that usually are not addressed. Buttons being worn down, the gear knob numbers worn down etc. I took care of ALL of it. There is not a single wear point.
    AND everything works. I mean everything. You turn on the headlights all interior lights work including both ashtray lights the AC blows cold etc. All these little things that are mostly overlooked and don't work have been addressed. In other words NOTHING was overlooked even the smallest details. Absolutely everything is top notch from the engine and differential down to the ashtray light. So when I say everything works is not just an "everything works" statement when someone is selling a car. All it needs is a driver and a smile.

For the electronics I had K-Diddy ( a well know member on this board) go through all the wiring. He removed and restored all the wiring to perfect factory condition and then added some goodies all which were K-Diddy approved. You have Bluetooth streaming for audio as well as Bluetooth calling for your phone. It also has impressive speakers (in the stock locations) so if you feel like listing to some music its actually louder than the engine! The car has an alarm system which is great since you can now enjoy little perks like keyless entry. It may sound ridiculous but it's worth it just for the 80s alarm chirp.
    Finally there is the luggage. Oh that beautiful Schedoni luggage. Wow is it nice and new. Some pieces still have the cardboard that was originally sent out from the factory. These luggage pieces are BRAND NEW and are a perfect must have addition to any Ferrari Testarossa.

I also have:
    Books in leather pouch
    Tool kit
    Jack kit
    Work light
    Records Book
    6 Piece Luggage set with all keys, tags, and bags
    “Enzo” key and extra keys
    Car Cover

Basically this is a turn key Testarossa where everything was done and everything works perfect like the day it was on the showroom floor including a spectacular interior. And it was all done just now so no engine out service or anything else for years to come.

Buy it and all you have to do is drive it and enjoy!
    Pm with any questions!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #4 msdesignltd, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Nothing beats pulling up behind a Nero tr at the stoplight!!!
    Nice Car..GLWS..
    Was the 757 in picture # 9 an accident or you timed it????

3. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Beautiful TR - GLWS.

The new owner will have no worries except which Cars and Coffee to take it to.

4. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I saw the plane and took the picture as fast as I could :)

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It looks incredible! The mileage is a bit high and the red trim not sure that's original;)
    I am interested to see how much it actually sells for;)) good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    glws love it in black

7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    glws luggage is a nice plus

8. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price REDUCTION!
    Now 129K

9. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    great looking car! I would definitely post pictures of the car not sitting in sand, though. I'm guessing it would "sell" much better that way

GordonF355 and Stentboy like this.
  10. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Great car, GLWS, My very similar car is going to Mecum in August at Harrisburg, Hopefully mine will do well as it will bring your value up !

11. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mecum looks like a possibility for me as well. Not sure but I might take it there next week

12. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The TR at Mecum Harrisbury did very well and this one is also properly sorted - service and luggage. Anyone interested in a great TR should make serious inquiry here. GLWS

13. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mecum black TR sold for $135K. Less miles yes but no luggage no diff (as far as I could tell) and I JUST serviced it

14. Natkingcolebasket69

U didnt sell it with the luggage ?
    That's a strong sell.
    Positive for the market. Wonder why people are selling on autotrader or consigning at dealer then. They will not get as much as u did.

15. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA

Mine is still for sale with luggage etc. I was just pointing out another one on the market.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Very encouraging though! Glws!

17. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    PRICE REDUCTION!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

18. Natkingcolebasket69

So would seem like your car ended up being sold to Beverly hills car club? True or not? What happened?

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Looks like the same car except on beverly hills car club the front valance is completely damaged whilst it didn’t seem to be when u tried selling it

20. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA

Sorry for the WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY late reply. I didn't sell it to them, they have it on consignment