Crazy traffic Saturday Morning | FerrariChat

Crazy traffic Saturday Morning

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Jul 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    So I heard on the radio the exodus started Friday.

But this morning, heading out to breakfast at 8:00am and the traffic was silly. All heading West. What the heck?

Then I read:
    So I'm guessing LOTS of folks are heading out to Pennsylvania. This guy is a bull-in-a-china-closet. How many holiday plans has he wrecked?

2. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
  3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Big whoop now ... but if it continues for weeks it will become quite troublesome.

And no state troopers are NOT sidelined so no 120 mph jaunts on I80 or I78 ... DAMN! They never let us have any fun ... :D

The traffic in the NYC metro area has been heavy for several days. In NJ at least some of that was caused earlier in the week by a couple of U2 concerts.

Trump is in Bedminster since Friday night.

4. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I kept myself local over the weekend but I must say Thursday night's commute from Manhattan to Bergen County sucked big time.

What usually takes 1 hour was 2.5 hours, easy.

5. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Holiday weekend, traffic a little heavy as expected we headed out to the shore for the weekend. Beaches were all open by me all weekend, no issues related to the "state shutdown", weather was perfect and had a blast.

Guess this is a political story/post though? Is Christie a bull in a china shop/closet or the only sane person trying to fix what is a failing state?