Albany NY area recommendation/opinion. | FerrariChat

Albany NY area recommendation/opinion.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by wiz2400, Jun 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wiz2400

wiz2400 Rookie

Sep 13, 2011
    N.E Iowa
    Full Name:
    Chris Wiz
    Looking at a Ferrari with Bul Auto in Albany and would like any feedback of dealership reputation and dealings anyone might have had with this establishment.
    If someone is local and wanted to swing by and look it over prior to our fly-in that would be fantastic.

Thank you!!

PM me for info:

2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Auto Haus Motors

aka German Auto Haus used to do most all of the Ferrari work in the area. Martin Steiger was the owner when I first used them in the 80's. I'm not sure what their Ferrari reputation is of late as I have been away for 5 years but its possible they could do a PPI.

I've never heard of Bul Auto before. Most of these pop-up Luxury Car dealers get their inventory from the Mannheim Highline auctions. I'd be wary of anyone who has limited history with the Ferrari marque. Another thing to watch for is inventory that has passed from dealer to dealer to dealer at a wholesale level and never registered/titled.

My first 308GTSi was sort of a "town bicycle"; no less than 7 dealers had it between the last legitimate owner and myself. I only found out about it because a car dealer friend processed the paperwork for me. Needless to say it probably was never serviced in that "joyride" period.

Be very careful! Hint: missing keys/fobs, manuals, car covers is a red flag to me.

3. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Stopped by Bul Auto about five years ago when my son was in Albany State. I wa looking at a z 4 coupe. Think they had a Lamborghini on the floor. Small place seemed well run with friendly sales staff. Inventory varried lots of late model BMWs and similar. Ended up keeping my z3 coupe. As previous poster mentioned I'd be leary of place that doesn't have a Ferrari history. I picked up my 328 through an ad here