Who watched the IndyCar crash fest from Texas? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who watched the IndyCar crash fest from Texas?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifoso2728, Jun 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Awww c'mon. There's a couple or three...ain't there??? :confused:

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Paul Tracy?? Look, he's a knowledgeable guy in the booth with tons of experience to draw fun. But, playing the "real men" card when he was best known for punting his closest competitors off course using the so-called "chrome horn" doesn't make him more of a man. It makes him a cheater.

3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Paul Tracy?? Look, he's a knowledgeable guy in the booth with tons of experience to draw fun. But, playing the "real men" card when he was best known for punting his closest competitors off course using the so-called "chrome horn" doesn't make him more of a man. It makes him a cheater.

4. I admit I'm not the sharpest pencil so please explain what PT has to do with me and Guy discussing prize/sponsorship $$$. :confused:
    Thanks. :p :)
    (rhetorical request, did you perhaps hit the wrong quote button?)

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ridiculous race. TK looked like he was going to cry after it because he felt so bad.

3m crash bill supposedly.

6. And you dislike my opinion of IndyCar.... :p :)

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Again, if IndyCar is smart (that's a big 'if"), they will NEVER return to that oval. When it's all added up it has to be one of the biggest money losers on their circuit.

8. For IndyCar or the teams? I don't know the business end of the running of the series but I imagine IndyCar gets a fee for showing up. I presume the teams get more also for the TV exposure.
    The crumpled equipment is all part of the anticipated overhead....'just whose turn.
    'Sad part of the "sport" (business?) of auto racing of all sorts but a cruel reality nonetheless.

9. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'm saying the losses go waaaaayy beyond what the teams reap from sanctioning fees in this particular case.

10. I have no clue what the the teams reap (if anything) from "sanctioning fees" but 'know that they can expect more from their sponsors for x(eyeballs) rather than x-1(eyeballs) seeing the sponsors livery. ;)

11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    So you're saying the sponsors wait for the TV ratings and send the teams checks based on the "eyeballs" the ratings represent?

No way. How in the hell would a team budget based on that?

12. No, that's not what I'm saying. 'Sorry for the confusion.
    Less races nets less eyeballs. Period. Be it TV, radio, publications, the web, the stands, how ever the exposure. That's what I am saying. :)

13. 'Just got this in the mail. Do you not think it would help in your negotiations for next season (or whenever your negotiating for) if it were to be a race you were scheduled to be in as opposed to it being removed from the schedule? I don't know aboot you, but I've found having more to offer is advantageous when wanting/expecting more from from prospectives.... ;) :)

http://mailchi.mp/d9d8aa0ca9f2/les-24-heures-du-mans-nattendent-que-vous-341849?e=c4630b4856

14. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Spec racing continues to bring then in. Can't you see the wisdom of this???? Its why LeMans is still the ONLY thing I watch. At what point do the powers that be realize that their global lab experiment has failed?

Besides.....playing fair is how the powers that be all got wealthy!!! :p

15. Aaaahhh...go play with your clunky reciprocating thingamajigs. What were they? BFGs or sumpin' like that? Oh wait, thems were tires.

Gimme somethin' smooth like a '56 or a three rotor Kudzu or somethin'....

Who was it that was gonna' run steam at Indy? Lear??? :)

16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Where was Dan Weldon killed - was it Texas - I was in the hospital with stage 4 cancer in 2011 for that race - woke up just long enough to see the crash - very sad - met him at a party once and he was a great guy - I was already depressed and that really did it

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Las Vegas speedway.

18. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thank you