Call of Duty MW3 type of games | FerrariChat

Call of Duty MW3 type of games

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BillyD, Oct 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillyD, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    I play COD MW3 in Spec Ops Co op mode with a handicapped friend who has trouble navigating the maps(ok ok I don't do well either). I set him up with a Sentry Gun and a machine gun for himself in a defensible position and we do pretty well. We were excited to see the game being updated and released next month. Now it looks like Co op mode is not included in the re release. Are there any other newer games with eye candy that are very similar to COD MW3 that don't require running around looking for ammo?
    Thanks

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Gears of War 4? You can sit behind cover and shoot stuff. It also has a horde mode where you find a spot and the enemies come in waves.

3. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    I love spec ops & survival on MW3. PM me if you want to exchange gamer tags. Really love MW2 & just got Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    COD franchise went south with the prior releases (Advanced Warfare and Black Ops III). Ghosts was that last good release IMHO, strong story and gameplay.

I have a few older COD games and Infinity Ward should be the sole developer, they nailed it. Black Ops III was so bad (I can't even use it on my Xbox 360), that I've completely soured on the franchise - there's no love for developing the game and it shows.

5. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    They're basically making Halo w/o actually calling it that. All the gadgets, exoskeleton, running up & across walls, etc. Don't even get me started on the blatantly crooked & unfair respawns on MW2 & especially MW3. Give me a thermal Barrett & I'm good. And how in the hell does a Barrett or WA2000 headshot result in just a hitmarker????

I have MW2, MW3, original Black Ops, & I bought original MW as a download to burn up expiring Microsoft bucks. Not spending $60-$80 to see how they made things worse & failed to address existing shortcomings.

6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Agree 100%!! I got burned on BO3 and that was it for me. AW, the silly jumping / running up the walls was pure gimmickry to try and make the franchise more "exciting", when all I want is a solid story line and good online play.

Not only am I going to avoid dropping $80 on the game, I'm sure as hell not going to purchase an XBox One. I realize the 360 won't be supported forever, but there are tons of them out there.

7. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    I am hoping to hold out on my original style 360 Elite until Scorpio comes out. Don't want to pay for a One S intermediate step & a year later have it be yesterday's news. Assuming I can remotely afford it.

Things I wish they would fix:

1) The damn matchmaking. I literally will reject the exact same game 20-30 times in a minute & it keeps sticking me back in.

2) Ability to set preferences for maps I NEVER want to play, maps I always want to play, & maps I am neutral on. And have matchmaking follow my settings.

3) Put in a Team Snipers version like Halo. And BIG maps with cover and serious elevation. This is why I picked up Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 to check out.

4) Crooked respawns. I once had it respawn a guy directly behind me with my back against a wall. Respawns should be neutral & no one should be at at a huge advantage/disadvantage by virtue of respawning in what was an empty (& most likely not accessible) part of the map. Stop respawning me directly under a Harrier over & over. Stop respawning me in front of a claymore or just tossed grenade. Stop respawning me in front of an enemy & stop respawning my enemy behind me.

8. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Old Ghost recons and Halo were good.

9. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    I just paid 79.99 for Infinite warfare....aka i just spent 79.99 to replay COD4 remastered. Thats all i care about

10. 3rn3sT0

3rn3sT0 Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Gears 4 and Battlefield. Destiny has some maps too but not all of them.

11. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Here it is almost 3 years later and we still haven't found a replacement.
    Thanks for all the suggestions but none have replaced MW3 so far.
    I hear the maker is thinking of MW4 I can hope anyway.

12. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Finally! the new COD Modern Warfare that came out at end of 2019 has what I want. Problem is that mode is only available on Play Station til Oct 2020!! Pure BS if you ask me.