360 modena/stradale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 modena/stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by ItaliaF1, Nov 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I have to say that fitment looks really poor on the front bumper. Thats too bad. Does anyone have a profile or rear shots of the car?
    -Peter

2. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In the same theme, I changed out my door panels, sills, jambs, stereo, climate control, paddles and dome light to c/f. I just love the look of c/f. I didn't change anything on the outside because I didn't want people to think it was a Stradale. If I had known I was going to do all this, I would have bought the CS to start with. LOL

3. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    a though and question
    the stradale aero package is more that a front bumper and mirrors, what happens to aerodynamics if one simply treats the front end and not the rear? front end down, rear end up?

4. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    For 11 long years this thread was left alone like a sleeping beauty.

And then all of a sudden today... a huge BUMP was heard!

5. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    Ooops did not mean to disturb........

6. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    #31 F5506M, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fits Perfectly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #32 Dino2010, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
    That's because everybody wants a CS now. Even a 360 Modena that looks like a CS is good enough for some, apparently.

I'd say, go for the real thing.
    It is a very different car. The money you're gonna spend on mirrors, skirts, bumbers, rear lid,... isn't worth it. The day you'll want to sell the 'improved' 360, you'll regret the transformation.
    On a long term, Stradales are definitely increasing in value, and, every $ spent on an original one, will earn itself back. There are certainties in life!

8. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    A recent experience in a standard 360 modified with the addition of a Stradale front bumper only, prompted me to ask questions of the group. It seemed to indicate, to me at least,, that in a straight line, the car suffered the loss of mechanical grip at the rear, quite noticeable above 80 mph, 120 became a scary limit . Forget cornering at speed, that was not attempted. Chasing the look might result in an unstable car. was this a one off case? Can anybody with a front bumper only confirm that the car is stable at elevated speeds.

9. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    100% Agreed....but I wanted a manual spider and cannot get that in a CS.

10. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #35 Dino2010, Jun 9, 2017
  11. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #36 rizzo308, Jun 10, 2017
    John,
    Your car you do whatever the FK u wanna do to it. I love the CS but new I could never own one so I got hold of a stick 360 coupe and set about fitting a few upgrades CS style. Front bumper, rear dek lid, rear diffusers, mirrors, full carbon interior, CS wheels. I will be upgrading the brakes to 380mm all four corners when I refresh all the suspension/ball joints at the and of the year just missing the CS side skirts i will also fit end of yr . I love this car and the way she looks. Gud luk mate go for it.
    I have spare set CS front bumper inserts which are glued onto the OEM bumper + rear CS dek lid skin which is glued onto the OEM dek lid also some assorted carbon interior pieces.

12. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Never heard this before, but couldn't it be offset with the rear diffuser under the car? I can't imagine the duck tail spoiler on the trunk adds that much downforce, much less the front bumper flares create that much downforce in the front. I would think they're more for channeling more air into the intakes for the cooling. Am I mistaken? Maybe those in the know could chime in. I'm willing to be wrong.

13. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Which one of these two would you give a ride in your Strad? You can't have both as the seats are limited so...

And what IF when driving couple of minutes with your selected lady you see someone hitchiking on the side of the road. And it's Jennifer Lawrence!

Imagine that man!

14. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium

I have a lot of imagination but am even more realistic! :D
    Frankly, Ferrari offers us such great cars, I am in the opinion that it's best to leave those machines as original as possible. Engineers and designers know what they do. Those are professions. "Improving" a car to personal taste is imho in 90% of the cases a disaster.
    But that's just my 2 cts.

15. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    How is this even an answer to his question??? He wrote about beautiful women...

Anyways; I'd go for Jennifer all day long! Would defenitely offer her a ride in my heavily modded Modena.

Your car = your posession = your will. As long as it makes you happy...

16. Mikael-F360

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    +1 for this! I'd stop for J-Law too anytime. And also do light mods to my car also =)

17. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Luigi Marazzi
    the car will no doubt go back to original. I would be curious to know if others have installed front only and driven above 100-120 or so and what the experiences were.

18. Aintqik

Aintqik Karting

Mar 15, 2017
    South Jersey
    Full Name:
    RJ Cilurso
    I can let you know in a few weeks! Lol