Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall? | FerrariChat

Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by qwazipsycho, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I've had enough of his belittling, rude, nasty comments on every thread here.

He thinks his opinion is the only right one and if you disagree you are a "world class ass" according to his highness.

Someone put a muzzle on this mutt.

I've appreciated his knowledge in the past but I don't need it delivered with a bag of flaming dog poop.

He is the only one here who continually does this to everyone.

I doubt Rob Lay will chime in because Brian is a "Valued member of the community". Yeah, right. About as valuable as a fart in the wind. As I've told him before YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS NOT EXCLUSIVE!

I've taken your rude comments with a grain of salt, but no more. You either buy yourself some courtesy or the gloves are coming off.

Dane and JohnInItaly like this.
  2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Geez bro....tell us what you really think? ;)

I'll offer my honest opinion. Sure, Brian comes off terse and a little belittling at times, but I just think of him as grumpy grampa.

I will say, actions speak louder than words. Why should he help us here? What's to gain? If he really didn't want to be helpful....he just wouldn't post. He has been pretty invaluable to me and others on this forum....and what did he ask for in return?
    After all these years, I still don't know the name of his shop....so, he's not here plugging for business ( I don't see that as a problem )
    I did learn the hard way not to pm him but to put the question on a new thread....so I guess, he doesn't have to repeat himself a few more times over lol
    The guy is factory trained, owns his own Ferrari service center and is a known quantity in the Ferrari community. I personally give him a pass.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I wouldn't get worked up over comments on an internet forum, especially if the info is good.

*This does not apply to P&R :D

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Scott- How about just not reading his posts if they bother you? Get a life. He is one of the few pros left who will help us, mostly because of posts like yours.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think he knows that of which he speaks, and after so many years of experience does not suffer fools gladly.

6. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    The OP's post sums up what is wrong with our country/generation because apparently directly worded responses hurt tender feelings. The irony of all of that drivel is you want him to treat you like a princess but then proceed to say the "gloves will come off".

This is why many seasoned professionals no longer post on forums because of the entitled mindset of people these days who believe they deserve to be coddled and be awarded participation trophies. I, for one, enjoy having knowledgeable folks replying to people with direct, technically astute information.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    What does the "gloves coming off" on an internet forum mean? Calling someone a poo-poo head?

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Oh and Scott, the GFY PM was one of the nicest things you have ever said.

That being said what you said about Ricambi was out of line. You are an ass.

JohnInItaly likes this.
  9. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Brian is very good to the community. Huge asset.

10. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    He wants to meet me face to face.

Yawn.

11. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You all miss the point. Simply put, there is no need for this type of attitude on here. Why does he have to be such ******? It's the internet.

I've said my peace and I'm sticking to it. Brian is a to much of a little whiney girl for me.

If you don't like it, don't post.

JohnInItaly likes this.
  12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No. You missed the point. You went out of your way to trash Ricambis reputation and I called you on it.

***** You can dish it out and not take it

What a flake.

I'll gladly put it to a vote who the ******* here is.

13. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Ohhhh, the irony.....

14. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yup, because they are the most overpriced vendor out there.

Keep it up peniswrinkle.

15. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    His info is sometimes good. His manners are not. Period.
    Regarding his infos. He often creates more questions and further inquiries he often answers with impertinence.
    We are all humans. Some days we are in a better mood, on other days not.
    Yesterday I was miffed too. Today I find him funny again :)

Best
    Martin

16. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Martin, has it ever occurred to you that I create the questions so people will think it through for themselves?

My parents did not answer questions, they showed me how to find my own answers. Something I have been grateful for ever since. The entire transmission oil thread was to present information and the sources for it. People just wanted me to tell them what to use. I'm not ever going to do that.

You see that as bad manners. I always took it as an educational experience.

17. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I completely concur with the positive comments above. I greatly value Brian's knowledge and experience, as Shamile correctly stated he brings much more to this forum than he takes--he's also a fellow TR owner and respected concours judge. He's forgotten more about the Testarossa than most of us will ever hope to know. I can easily look past the tone of some of his posts--he's called me out on a few occasions where my information was incorrect and I'm now more knowledgeable because of it.

There were a few posts in the past when I thought the OP should seriously drop the "quazi" part of his screen name, but there have been others where I learned from his knowledge or experiences, it's not that different.

18. MisterT

MisterT Karting

Feb 2, 2011
    Fleet, Hampshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Taylor
    Who is Brian?
    Not sure I have seen any post from a Brian?
    Any how, breathing well here, done a little work on my beloved TR tonight.
    Relaxing now, surfing the next and researching my next project as life is too short.
    Will be sleepy bye time soon here, so sleep well all.

19. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Me too. Then you can work on my car.

Daniel has been one of the best people to deal with, and in the F world, there are some real dickers out there. He has met or beat others' prices on several occasions, not to mention he offers a 10% FCA discount, which when you are talking F parts, that's a pretty big deal. I'm inclined to believe that you are out of your element, although I do enjoy proper use of the term "peniswrinkle" :D

20. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Brian,
    if I do my designs and have to solve problems and experience lack of knowledge it is essential to know someone who can help.
    Reinventing the wheel is not effective. Therefore I often take part in hours long meetings with my customers. Or arrange meetings with parts suppliers in my office.

Manners have absolutely nothing to do with it.
    But would you say, that it's nice to treat folks like idiots, when they have further inquiries?

But maybe it's just, because I always want to learn more than necessary.
    You really should listen to some technical meeting discussions between me and colleagues.
    I'm sure you would have a lot of fun :)

Best
    Martin

21. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Just made myself popcorn, now entertain me you all!

22. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Watching people fight here just gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

99% of the contributions here are invaluable and are greatly appreciated. The amount of collective knowledge here has helped me keep my TR in top shape. I would hate to see this corner of the web devolve into vitriol.

23. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I personally like the bit of colour (Canadian spelling) that Brian adds to our little corner of the internet. I think most of the previous posts in this thread have covered it well in that Brian has good intentions and a ton of experience to back up his opinions. In person he is every bit as charming but it does not come off as blunt as the subtlety of his delivery is lost in written form. I for one am thankful for his contributions.

As for Ricambi their stellar reputation needs no defending and they have truly brought mass market levels of service to an industry generally infested with prickly amateur business owners who have no concept of customer service or good business ethics. Ricambi is a top level supplier with very competitive pricing across the board.

24. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Landed on this thread totally by 6 degrees of separation accident, and think the OP needs to learn to relax. Maybe take a TM class or something. But "peniswrinkle" is pretty good. I might start using that one.

Any expert who donates their knowledge and experience to any hobby (and that's what he's doing - sharing his expertise for free) deserves a big thank you. You don't have to be best friends and if you really find someone too personally offensive here you can put them on "ignore", right?

25. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Exactly my point. He's offended me (and others) many times. Today I'm in a bad mood because after trying to defend a good guy and friend on here from Brians BS, and complimenting him in the process, he continues to be....typical.

I appreciate his knowledge and participation, along with all the other brilliant people here. I DON'T appreciate his berating and belittling.

I'm done with this thread. He's not worth the time I've already spent here. I just wanted to bring it to light. You all can love him if you want. He's just a grumpy grease monkey.

JohnInItaly likes this.