MotoGP 2017 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

MotoGP 2017

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Igor Ound, Dec 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    BTW, during the 2011-12 seasons where there were teammates and both finished the race, Rossi finished ahead of Hayden 17 times and Hayden ahead of Rossi 9 times.

Anyway, to your point, Lorenzo looked terrible all weekend. This season will be his biggest test of his career, mainly to assess his fortitude and confidence. Jorge Melandri?

2. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Despite a lackluster Qatar round, I am working under the assumption that it is Marquez's championship to lose. The Honda (both he and Dani) seemed to miss setup or the bike was difficult to ride, or something. Cal crashing can be ignored because that is Cal.

Aprilia looking so strong was also probably an anomaly, I was very surprised though to see the Honda unable to pull away on the straight. Hopefully they are for real. being in the top ten regularly should be considered a major accomplishment. If they are equal to the Suzukis you never know what might happen in weather or high attrition races.

We will see how Argentina goes, it is an unusual track and difficult to get to in the middle of nowhere. Really not typical of the season so if weirdness happens I can overlook that one.

But Texas...Marquez has never lost there. If Mav is able to go to Austin and beat Marquez in a straight up fight then the championship suddenly just got much more interesting once it returns to Europe.

3. bentrm

bentrm Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Anyone going to COTA? I am. Yay! Loved the last race at Indy. Should I purchase seats or just go with general admission?

4. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    with all the problems they had with the rain, it ended up being a very good set of races... the hondas seemed down on power, but marquez has never lost at COTA... how improved is the Ducati, we probably will not know until the series hits a more technical track... and how bout those rookies!!!

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Lorenzo sucks

6. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Definitely and that makes me happy. Maybe if he hadn't been such a tool he wouldn't have left a winning team.

Go Rossi!

7. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    At what point does JLo become a liability for Ducati? He is the lowest seeded Ducati rider in the standings, out of 8 Ducatis on the grid currently. Petrucci has looked better on his GP17, and Redding is 4th in the championship on a GP16... I have to think that should he not finish in the top 10 in Texas, many at Ducati might want to see Redding on JLo's GP17.

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Rossi leading the fastest motorbike championship in the world at 38. :)

9. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I don't care if Marquez wins the championship. There will never be another Rossi. As dynamic off the track as on. Moto GP will lose big time when he retires.

10. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Glad to see Lorenzo struggling. Sad it's on a Ducati.

I feel like Marquez would also struggle if the Honda wasn't such a good package.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Pretty good race. The home crowd and team I'm sure are thrilled.

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    +1 great race. Yamaha looking like the best all round bike this year. Shame for Rossi's two falls in the last race and in training as Vinales is the clear favourite for the championship now.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Look out for Andrea! The championship is look great now. :) Jorge needs to step it up.

14. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Way to go Dovi and Ducati, what to see #46 back on top, but happy to see Dovi and Ducati strong. This could be a great year!

15. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    A disappointing race for Yamaha all the way around. What the heck happened? Usually Rossi is great at coming back but he couldn't make it happen.

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Great race so far, last 3 laps

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VALE!!!

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Great race with great fights.
    Impressive Rossi, but also Petrucci.

19. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    VR|46!!!

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Fantastic result! We're going to have a great battle for the championship this year. I hope Rossi wins it of course. :)

21. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Amazing race, again! VR#46!

22. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I am so happy. Rossi is the man!

23. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Rossi is a living legend and has made history once again, now aged 38.

All time record of 20 years, 313 days between first victory (Brno 1996 in 125cc) and last victory.

He is also just 7 wins shy of the all time winning record of 122 set by Giacomo Agostini.

He is the greatest of all time. I'm glad I'm alive in the Valentino Rossi era.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think Rossi will break Agostini's 122 wins record.

Valentino is already 38, and barely wins a race every year now.

Also, Agostini raced in 2 categories at most GPs.

25. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    +1, we are lucky to have been able to watch the doctor, I do not think this will be his only win this season. MotoGP must be the most exciting racing right now, it is very unpredictable and provides many opportunities to both overtake and have the rider make the difference. Valentino Rossi is the GOAT! Forza #46!