TR Leaking Fuel Pump & Hose Replacements | FerrariChat

TR Leaking Fuel Pump & Hose Replacements

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 1TRICK6, Jun 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1TRICK6

1TRICK6 Karting

Aug 28, 2014
    So. Cal (L.A./O.C.)
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 1TRICK6, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One of my fuel pumps is buzzing pretty good and now I discovered it's leaking from the bottom seam under the positive terminal. The other fuel pump is buzzing a little too.
    Does the buzzing mean it's going out too although not leaking?
    Should I replace both of them.
    Replace with original Bosch pump #69532 or any other alternatives?

Thinking about changing my fuel lines while I'm at it since it wasn't done during engine out service last year (they said they look good, they must of had x-ray vision). PM me if you want to know where not to go in Orange County for service.

I attached a pic of my fuel hose (yellow) connecting the two gas tanks, doesn't look original nor fit too good.

Any suggestion on getting fuel hoses between the two tanks and inlet hose to fuel pumps (what sizes) besides Scuderia Raparte, they only sell a kit which also includes the two hoses attached to the fuel filler pipe to the top of the gas tank, which I might not need.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    this small hose connecting the two tanks is never original. looks more like a hose for sprinkling the garden or an air pressure hose.
    you may use a normal rubber fuel resistent hose or if you get a silicone hose, but be carefull: also this silicon hose has to be fuel resistent - don´t take a water hose ! ! !

if some other hoses will leak then just replace them all. so only one time work and you are on the safe side

3. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
  4. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Funny, I've started to notice the buzzing sound and exhaust back fire. Taking the car in tomorrow for the service.

5. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
  6. Chief20123

Chief20123 Karting

Dec 22, 2012
    Melbourne,Australia
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I replaced both of mine last year with these ones. The old ones were working ok, but I noticed the fuel pump relays were getting very hot. They are over 30 years old, even though only 19k miles. No issues with new ones and fuel pump relays don't get too hot anymore.

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you only changed the fuel pumps or also the relais?

8. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The hose you have fitted is braided airline hose, you are lucky it has not split as it goes yellow and solid with age. Definetly not for petrol

9. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    The original hose was the fuzzy type hose used on CIS German cars. Use fuel hose rated for modern ethanol fuel.

10. Chief20123

Chief20123 Karting

Dec 22, 2012
    Melbourne,Australia
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I just changed the fuel pumps.