What Ferrari would be your ideal daily driver? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What Ferrari would be your ideal daily driver?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by davemqv, May 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    V12 GTC4 Lusso - It sounds great, love the massive multimedia screen and interior, and it sounds great!

2. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I know what you mean about the salt. 456 auto would be my grown-up modern DD choice.

3. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    My 612 (which is my daily driver).

I concede the FF beats it in all of the listed categories except looks (but you have to love the one you are with and I am a beauty is skin deep kind of guy, so that is the most important category). Never liked the looks of a shooting brake since I saw my first MGB GT. 😀

4. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    So call me crazy, but my dream DD Ferrari would be a 365GTB/4. I'd put in power steering and update the A/C, so it blows nice and cold, but otherwise I think it would be great.

Smooth V12, Great visibility out the windows, Decent trunk space, Bumpers that can actually withstand a little bump or two, etc etc. Also, it's actually shorter and just a bit narrower than my Mondial QV, so even easier to park.

Now I just need the $700,000ish to buy one. ;)

5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  6. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #31 toggie, May 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Interesting choice.

We had a beautiful 1957 500 TRC as our centerpiece car for the 2014 FCA Annual Meet.
    It was # 0698MD.

It would certainly be unusual to see one in the grocery store's parking lot. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i used a 456mgt as my daily for 8 years. it was pretty good.
    i like the manual box for a daily because it makes it easier to park.

however, if i were back in geneva today, i would buy a used 612 or ff. the 612 is better looking but doesnt have the 4 wheel drive for winter, so the ff might win out

i will add that whenever the 456 was indisposed, i tried to daily the 512tr, the 512bbi, and the 360cs....none of which did very well. the tr was too wide, the bbi was too hard at slow speeds, the cs was uncomfortable. the 456 was really perfect.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Depends, if I'm in a big city often, the FF/GTC4Lusso. Not much traffic or risk of gridlock, 550 Maranello.

I live in the sticks and work from home, no need for an office currently. 550 is on the cards.

9. Nautilus12

Nautilus12 Karting

Mar 20, 2016
  10. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ross, I've heard the 456 can overheat and run hot in traffic. Was that your experience?

11. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    The California makes a great daily driver. Looks very sleek in the right color , lowered with spacers. It's very comfortable to drive , hardtop convertible , plenty fast, creature comforts, good trunk space.

12. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    That's an easy one for me; Speciale.

Mark

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    275GTB/4s NART Spider, preferably in Blue Sera. Although i suppose any old 275 would also be ok!

14. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    never. not once. but i did recondition the radiator when i first got the car.

and i was stuck in some epic traffic jams all over europe.

15. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    This

16. leoparker990

leoparker990 Karting

Apr 28, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    Leo Parker
    #41 leoparker990, May 29, 2017
    ferrari 355, this is my choice, looks pretty cool in the red color, beautiful design and very comfortable to drive. Technology, usability, and character combine to provide a driving experience which feels suitably flavorful.

17. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Yes, that is what I had in mind.

18. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The cart guy expressed amazement when I took my 328 to the grocery store. ;)
    (I did use my 328 as a summer DD for a couple years. Partly because the garage geometry made it easiest to just take the car up front. :p)

But I could park downhill of a minivan: the minivan would block any runaway carts, and I could be through the express lane with all the groceries I could fit in a 328 before the soccer mom got the herd through a regular checkout line.

That's the trick in parking lots: don't stay long enough for the cars next to you to change. :p

Since the grocery store was about a block from home, and on the route from work, I didn't need to do big bulk runs.

Just don't put ice cream in the rear storage area. :D

19. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is a nice colour

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Just could not stand to be seen in an ugly clown car like a FF...ugh

Cali, 612, or 599....

21. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The FF looks all wrong to me, too. I'd prefer to own a 5 door Mazda 3. It's a nicer looking car version of the FF, imo.

But different strokes for different folks.

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Any non-vintage, non-limited series, non-track focused Ferrari.

23. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #48 Laserguru, May 29, 2017
    Well, I got beat to the 456 Venice Estate but that is the ticket!!

Keeping them so limited in build to a pre-purchase special customer clearly preserved Ferrari's reputation, but then I don't think the Venice would have wounded the company in the least!! It might well have become one of the more popular models of the plutocracy.

24. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

My 2014 458 Spider is my daily driver. Driven over 10K miles in my first year!

Jim

25. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    #50 asphaltca, May 29, 2017
    Clown car? Why are people hammering the FF? It has cup holders and cruise control (pit speed) and even a DVD entertainment system in the back. I can carry all my cleaning supplies and folding chairs for any event. Throw the teens in the back for those events that are family orientated. I think people that can not afford the FF cut it up. It is a car that gets noticed. At any Ferrari related event it gets the attention of the mature crowd, I think mainly because it is an all around usable modern Fcar.
    I also currently own a 360 and have owned a 430 three pedal and when I bought the FF I soon missed that visceral feeling hence the recent addition of the 360 but for any drive more then a couple hours the FF beats any cramped two seater. It was quick on the track but you know going in that your wheeling around a 4000 pound car.
    Yes, it is uneventful like driving my wife's Audi or Mercedes when your just puttering around but the moment you step into that V12 engine, you know you are driving a sure footed beast of a car that no Mazda or for that matter anything build before 2012 can compare.
    Time now for razzing.