993 Turbo | FerrariChat

993 Turbo

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 512TRTX, May 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512TRTX

512TRTX Karting

Jul 22, 2016
    Houston
    Looking for a higher mileage 993 Turbo. Let me know what you have.

2. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
  3. 512TRTX

512TRTX Karting

Jul 22, 2016
    Houston
    Thanks. I am looking for a driver. Dark interiors, sport buckets and sunroof delete are preferred. Also any GT2 tributes would work

4. JE_Auerbach

JE_Auerbach Rookie

Feb 17, 2015
    Los Angeles and NYC
    Full Name:
    Jake Auerbach
  5. bnels2348

bnels2348 Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    South Valley, UT
    Full Name:
    B
  6. Dhillonboys

Dhillonboys Rookie

Feb 13, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jas / Sanu Dhillon
    That white Porsche is about $40-45K too much; it's been sitting for many, many months. There have been a couple of reasonably priced, publically advertised 993TTs in the last two years.

This one sold for close to $90K in March (it was advertised for a year and the price was dropped from $140K to $92K during that period.

https://www.carsauto.com/inventory_detailed.php?xt=mobile&cid=1240

This one has been on the market for many, many months, and it is the most reasonably priced, publically advertised one I have seen that is currently available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172675937653

A low miles (36K), very reasonably priced ($100K) 993TT came on the market back in March.

1996 Porsche 911 | Gateway Classic Cars | 1174

It was swooped up by a dealer within a week, and the dealer is asking an additional $30K for it (was an additional $40K), but he did not get it in the last two months.

https://www.legendcarcompany.com/1996-porsche-911-turbo-turbo-c-227.htm

I hope that helps. I know the market, and I can point you in the right direction; you don't have to pay me anything cause I am not a profiteer.

Good luck on finding your dream 993TT.

Jas

PS . . . BHCC sold this a couple months back in the $90K range, but the 993TT sold at Cars Dawydiak (first link above) was a better buy to me.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/inventory_detailed.php?cid=6935

7. 512TRTX

512TRTX Karting

Jul 22, 2016
    Houston
  8. nickmb

nickmb Karting

Dec 11, 2013
    Austin,TX/SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Fantastic info

Nice

9. dallas911

dallas911 Rookie

Jan 1, 2015
  10. nickmb

nickmb Karting

Dec 11, 2013
    Austin,TX/SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Care to share some insight on them?

I've been eyeing a couple of their cars

11. Dhillonboys

Dhillonboys Rookie

Feb 13, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jas / Sanu Dhillon
    My impression of BHCC is that the company CAN be fair. I have spoken to the company about a few of the cars that they have gotten in, but I have never purchased a car from them. BHCC seems to use key-word, targeted search advertising, like GOOGLE, to target potential sellers. Next time you're on GMAIL, check to see if you have any SPAM from Alex Manos.

BHHC, like Gullwing and Gateway for example, are "no-hassle" buy/consignment type operations. In essence, these companies have a reputation for buying "driver" cars from sellers at a fair, reasonable price. These operations have CASH and they can close deals quickly for sellers looking to get rid of their cars quickly at a fair, reasonable price (usually 25-30% less than FMV or some recognized measure like Hagerty, KBB . . . Whatever price point it can use to justify the offered purchase price to the seller). Other dealers/profiteers focus on only buying "blue chip" exotics, let them sit in their warehouses, and hope that they can justify their mark-up price to a future buyer. Not to say that BHHC would turn away a "blue chip" car if the seller's price was fair and reasonable.

BHCC advertisements are usually short, and leave out a lot of relevant information a potential buyer would want. Many times it's because the vehicle has limited to no maintenance or service history. Because of this, BHCC usually can source these cars at a better price. No matter where you buy from, make sure you ALWAYS get a PPI. This is especially true if you are buying from BHCC and similar dealers/profiteers because their offerings may seem like "deals", but after a PPI, that deal doesn't seem like quite a deal. For example, you could buy a driver 1991 Testarossa (60K miles) for $75K. However, when you get it, you may have to do the following: (1) engine-out service; (2) electric box; (3) transmission rebuild; (4) differential swap; (5) fuel pumps; (6) O2 sensors; and (7) clutch, brakes, tires, on and on. This service work, assuming you are lucky/blessed/fortunate enough to find a good shop, could cost you $30K plus the time and hassle. In this case, you are better off buying the freshly-serviced 1990 Testarossa (45K) Testarossa for a $100K.

Let me know if you want any empirical examples.

Jas

12. rdynamix

rdynamix Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2013
    Great sharing, thanks!

13. dallas911

dallas911 Rookie

Jan 1, 2015
    #13 dallas911, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    alex Sold a Friend of mine a car, LIED their *ss's off, Total Turd.....Luckily it was cheap ($30kish) & he got out of it to someone doing a Project.

14. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    alex is a used car salesperson
    caveat emptor X a bunch

15. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    The red car at legends, I sold the owner the sound system and radar detector that is still in it.
    He is the owner that installed the S front spoiler and air ducts to copy my car.
    He was the wynnewood owner.