Sport Seat Lifter | FerrariChat

Sport Seat Lifter

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Robert P, Oct 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    I think I may spec my 488 with racing seats, and wonder if anyone has the sport seat lifter.

If so, would appreciate views on:

1. What sort of height range does it offer?
    2. Do both seats have the lifter, or just driver's seat?
    3. Is it mechanically or electrically operated.

Thanks.

2. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    When I ordered my spider we went to the NYC showroom to try out the various seats. We got the racing seats and were advised that unless the driver is less the 5' 5-6" tall, it really isn't necessary (my wife and I are 5'8-5-10"). We were told that the lifter is mechanical and raises you 2-3" and it was for the driver's side only for US spec.

We have the standard with full power in our 458 but truly love the racing seats. My wife who was against the idea of ordering them wish we did it on the 458. So as a result she only drives the spider now.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Can someone here explain the seats to me. Is the std seat called the race seat? Is the option the daytona seat? What adjustments do they each have?
    thanks

4. groutguy

groutguy Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2014
    Daytona are the standard seats, but they can also have power adjustments and heat.
    The lightweight race seats are optional, as well as the gold rake race seats.
    The race seats are optional because they are carbon fibre, and cost more to produce.
    The race seats have less cushioning than the daytonas, but have much more lateral grip and hold you in better. Comfort wise, it's a matter of personal preference; personally I prefer the race seats, but they are also better suited to the Speciale.
    I am 5'7" and have the front seat lifter. I find that the lifter set for 1 1/2" puts me at perfect eye level view through the windshield.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Thanks for info
    So does that mean the std 458 has the iconic daytona inserts? Or is the upholstery different on the std seat? Too confusing

6. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    In essence, there are only 2 seats: the standard seat and the race seat.
    The standard seat can be had with a diamond stitch or daytona stitch pattern as an extra cost option. PURELY an appearance thing. The standard seat is manually adjustable as standard. You can add 2 different power options to this seat. Power adjustability that is limited or FULL POWER which gives you 3 different bladders that inflate and heat as well as the "base" electric adjustability.
    The race seat comes in 2 different stitch patterns: daytona and Goldrake. Goldrake is the "old" 458 style race seat. The daytona stitch which was an upcharge on top of the race seat cost is now less than the Goldrake design! Go figure. The race seat has no electric adjustment. It is either a dealer tailored change (15-45 minutes) or if you order the lifter, you can do it anytime you want. The only thing I cannot tell you is whether the lifter can adjust the front and rear of the seat separately the way you can with the "unadjustable" seat.
    In terms of cost, last time I checked the full electric daytona or diamond stitch "standard" seat costs more than the Daytona race seat without the lifter option.
    Does that answer your ?
    Best
    Randy

Chizz likes this.
  7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes and thanks but still confusing!

8. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Hi Spiderman

Let me see if I can remove the confusion?

There are. 2 seat types, each of which has sub options as follows

STANDARD SEAT- Options are
    Cover Design= Standard or Daytona or diamond- you choose
    Adjustment= manual or Electric or Electric with memory option -you choose

RACE SEAT - Options are
    Cover Design - Goldrake or Daytona - you choose
    Adjustment - manual or manual + a manual seat height lifter - you choose

Finish- both of the above seats can then be customised with different finish and combination of finish, eg Leather or Alcantara and different stitch options and hundreds of different colour options

Hope that helps?

Regards

Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Good run through! :)

10. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Thanks Michael.

Do you know if the lifter is fitted to both seats?

11. lamarmotte

lamarmotte Karting

Feb 5, 2014
    France
    Only driver seat

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

12. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Thanks.

13. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Randy's description of the seat STYLES (above) is correct.

As for the "seat height adjustment", within the past few years, the "seat height adjusting device" has been offered AND the "seat height lifter"

The first one is literally the (standard?) side brackets that allow you to set the height and adjust the tilt of the seat bottom.

The lifter is a driver-seat only, manual "pump handle" that moves the seat base UP or DOWN, but the way it works it also slides it slightly forward (or back).

1) bottom tilt not adjustable, unless you have a shop mount spacers under the seat at the mounting points and

2) the bottom seat pan itself is completely different - i.e. it's not a piece you can add to a non-installed seat without getting a complete new seat base.

pics from another thread
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ff-gtc4lusso-f12/514625-f12-seat-lifter-photo.html

14. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Thanks - really helpful.

15. rossocorsa

rossocorsa Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Just a note, I found with the seat lifter fitted the race seat sits a little higher than stock in the lowest position.

16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I have the F12 seat height lifter, and do not need or use it. I'm 5'9". I plan to order the 488 Goldrake seats without the lifter.

17. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Thanks for the comments guys. The race seats I sat in were IMO set very low without the lifter, and so the flexibility to raise even by a small margin might be useful.

18. lamarmotte

lamarmotte Karting

Feb 5, 2014
    France
    Without the "pump" lifter, do you have the brakets with 4 holes for height adjustment

19. 0-60 freak

0-60 freak Karting

Oct 6, 2016
    My 458 jad cf race seats and my incoming 488 has them as well, charcoal leather with charcoal alcantera with blanco stitching and horse....love them

sent from my cell phone

20. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Can someone with a 488 please post a photo(s) of what the seat lifter side mechanics look like?

21. Comendatore

Comendatore Rookie

Oct 17, 2016
    Does anyone have experience about goldrake size (M / L)?

I could not test the difference at my dealer, yet.
    Preferring narrow fit, but I am not jockey alike shaped.

22. FerrariLS

FerrariLS Karting

Apr 26, 2010
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have an F12 and will post this over there as well. But since everyone here is taking spacers. Does anyone know if you can use the spacers with the power Dayton seats? At the highest setting it is still a little low for me. I mean my wife...

23. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    #23 Scraggy, May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I have diamonds on race seats to confuse further, semi aniline also.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA

Did you consider having the seat raised by the dealer? being used to Porsche driving position, i dont know if the stock goldrake as installed w/o the lifter would suit me. how did you like the driving position, were you at eye level with the road?

25. BDUBB

BDUBB Rookie

May 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRANDON
    Are you talking about a 488? I'm looking to purchase but it doesn't have a lifter. Does this mean there is no way I can sit higher? Can the dealer raise it?