WTB - Maserati Granturismo S or Sport - 4.7 Private Party | FerrariChat

WTB - Maserati Granturismo S or Sport - 4.7 Private Party

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Robb, May 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Looking to add a Maserati Granturismo S - 4.7 engine to my brother's garage.

Preferred Colors are Blue or White for 2009, 2010, 2011

Send me a PM if you are selling yours and thanks for your time.

Robb

2. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
  3. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Not sure why you post a wanted add here. They are tons of GTs for sale 09 to 11 range from $40K to $60K ask. the 2010 seem to be the best values in that range. For whatever reason the early car high miles are as expensive

4. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Sent you a reply requesting more info.

Robb

5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I like the crowd of owners here and their specs and maint.

Most of the cars listed out there are from dealers.

In AZ, we do not pay any tax on a private party sale even if the car comes from out of state. :)

So I am looking for more options outside of the dealers.......

Robb

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i'd go for the 2013 as they updated the body style. i heard you can get them for $8k-$10k under asking price as its essentially a ten year old car (not substantially altered since they came out in 2007) i heard no replacement is coming either

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Cabrio will be discontinued for 2 model years and then return (from what I have read).

Good luck, I love these cars.

8. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    We just purchased a Black/black 12 GranTurismo S Convertible on Tuesday. My wife loves it. I traded a Black/black 10 California in for a Huracan in December and missed the convertible myself.
    I started looking for a Maser almost immediately and looked for almost 5 months. Feel free to ask m any questions

9. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  10. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    I saw a super condition one of these in a wholefoods parking lot a couple of days ago-I grab lunch there every week or so and hadn't seen it before. I'll keep an eye out for it next time-

11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Looking for a coupe.

Thanks.

Robb

12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  13. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Robb, you are in Arizona, the home of year round topless cruising, why would you want a coupe? :)
    That being said, unlike many convertibles, the car still looks good with the top up and the lining of the convertible top is actually very nice- just like the coupe.

14. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Because coupes look much better and the GT looks Giant as a convertible :)

Sorry - you were asking Robb ;)

15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I like the concept of convertibles. My wife has a Mercedes slk so we have one convertible in the stable. It does not get much use with the top down though for one reason or another.

The Maserati we are looking for is for my brother to drive in Ohio primarily where he works throughout the year. He is open to a convertible but being in Ohio, he is likely to get more use out of a coupe so he can still use it in colder seasons. The Maserati granturismo convertible also has just about the smallest trunk / storage of any convertible ever made. You'd need to pull a trailer to go shopping....

But, My feelings of a convertible in AZ is also a double edged sword... it is crazy hot 5 months out of the year where you will not want the top down even at night... the other 7 months of the year, the sun is so bright that you will get plenty of glare on the dash making it hard to read gauges and in your face making other things hard to see... and of course I'm not one to want to wear a hat or sunscreen all the time unless I am going to the beach. So there are a number of nice times that a convertible would be perfect and the air and breeze can be great. But those perfect drives are badly offset by the other times I mentioned. A GTS targa would be the best but most of those are not made anymore...

Now a convertible in San Diego or SoCal - yes perfect.

Robb

16. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Now I understand! I learned something today. I wished this would go on in my state. We pay tax when we buy , we pay tax when we sell aty a profit and we get stiffed on tax deductions when we lose. Car taxation non sense is alive and well.

17. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #17 Hightower, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Robb--I bought a 2010 GranTurismo S 4.7L a month ago. Red over Tan with grey wheels. Absolutely love it. And the input I'd heard prior to buying was that they are pretty economical maintenance-wise.

No relation to me, but ksl.com has a couple GranTurismo Coupes in the Salt Lake City area.

18. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Should get a 2009 with the F1 trans from the 599 - handles way better then any other year

19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Still looking for the right car and color combo. Please let me know if you have a car for sale.

Robb

20. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #20 Sledge4.2, May 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thats the only one to get - unbelievable handling - you can't imagine unless u try it -everyone who has driven mine is speechless

22. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    This - it has to have those wheels to be original 2009 F1

23. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    #24 raider1968, May 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Its the best bargain out there for a performance Italian car - Ferrari F1, engine built completely by Ferrari (then) and drives like a Ferrari - mine is in perfect condition with 14,500 miles - whats it worth? $60 to 70,000 - what a joke - I'm going to make it my part time track car - did once for 2 full weekends but had to replace the rotors, pads tires etc after only 4 days - now it will be just tires - Hoosiers - and there is only one button to push to turn off all the helpers