Mondial Pic of the Day Thread | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Mondial Pic of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Nice...did you have to get towed recently, since you have the tow eye installed?

2. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Yes, mine was towed last week, as a matter of fact. But the tow hole has been used for my custom plate mount which threads into that hole. NY is a two plate state where they love to give tickets for it. So as soon as my car was picked up at the shop, the plate went right back on!

3. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    As a matter of fact 15min after that pic. (I'd left it in just in case) 93 degrees test drive/humid and it quit after 40 min. new SRI Fusebox - some sort of vapor lock or connection that screws up when it gets hot. Starts right up after cool down/ overnight. Fuel pump draws less? Than 12 v so I don't think it's that. What tool do you check spark with on those squirrely plugs?

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1454 paulchua, May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    #1455 srephwed, May 6, 2017
    cinevillage likes this.
  6. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Why the piece of wood under the tire?

7. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    It was a level part of the parking lot so they had to chock the wheel. It's the world we live in now.

8. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I just noticed mine is the only one chocked. They did it when they parked me. I suppose the Bertha Mae posed some sort of extra threat to public safety.

9. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Also notice the electrical unit behind my car. that's why it was sticking out. I can park better than that.

10. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    What qualifies for historic plates and what limitations apply?

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    In California the car has to be at least 25 years old and is of "historic" interest.

What does "historic" mean? From my experiences here in California, any 25 year old Ferrari qualifies due to the relative rarity.

I think that's the main thing DMV probably looks for here in California, the number of examples of your particular model....this is just a guess though. It could also be much more lax and any 25 year old car qualifies....but the paper work does ask to submit some substantiation for the historic nature. I just submitted this old letter press release from Ferrari talking about who this is a unique configuration.

Only car in the world that is Mid-Engine, 4-seat, convertible*

*Lotus Evora/i8 would qualify if they ever made a cabriolet versions.

12. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA

Interesting. What benefits or burdens come with the historic plate? SMOG exempt? Limited use rules? Miles limits? Etc? Or is it just a plate for novelty. In my former home state historic plates were very advantageous. No registration fee on renewal and no inspections ever.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    so for me the biggest benefit was my registration went down from $730 to $127. The law states the car should be driven 'primarily' to club events and car shows. I don't know how they enforce that one - but since I drive with my club all the time - Im in the clear. It should NOT be smog exempt - but some people have gotten away with Smog depending on how your car is entered in the computer at DMV. The plate itself is definitely cool since, it makes your card stand out that much more in the crowd. I've only seen the plate a few times outside car shows on the road.

Hope this helps!

14. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    #1464 scottmar, May 8, 2017
    All cleaned up after 5 hour round trip with Ferrari Club to N. Georgia mountains. The car behaved well, considering most of the company were much newer models. Roads were terrific, great roller coaster ride, with almost no one holding up the group of 12 cars, even including an F40 and the leading car, a Dodge Viper, who I understand leads all sorts of car clubs on mountain routes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Very nice. Share some pics of the trip and the other Ferraris if you have some.

16. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    The only and I mean the ONLY thing nice her in Maryland is historic registration. Only needs to be 20 years old. Exempt from smog test, no inspection, no mileage limit. They are starting to crack down on the guys with the 1973 chevy pick up and the rusted out cab and a wooden bed hauling scrap. That's not a bad thing.

17. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1467 soucorp, May 9, 2017
    My 88 has been on Virginia antique plates for over 3 years now. Only has to be 25 yrs and older to qualify. This means I am exempt from safety inspection, emission inspection, property taxes. Saves me a boat load of money and time. Now the downside, can't use it as daily driver, can't drive to work only for leisure, car shows, to the mechanic for repair within 250 miles of driving. So for this, the definition of leisure is up to interpretations �� never been stop or ticketed, cops usually gives me the thumbs up! After all, it's a FERRARI ��

C H E E R S

18. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Mike! Good hearing from you! Looks great!

19. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    #1469 ATLdoghouse, May 9, 2017
    Was up at my mountain house in north GA this weekend for my annual E38 meet (8th year) - yes not a Ferrari event - but due to work issues I had to stay in town longer than anticipated and a good friend helped out and drove my E38 up Friday, while I came up the next day to join them and of course only had one alternate handy for the mountain drive.

The when I had to leave early, one of them made this audio recording of me leaving. He was standing about 3/4 of mile across the lake from the road I was driving on.

20. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    What kind of exhaust? Sounds nice.

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    what a beautiful shot!!!

thanks for sharing!!

22. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1472 soucorp, May 10, 2017
  23. ATLdoghouse

Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    It's a Stebro hi flow muffler with Hyper Flow catalytic convertors. The original exhaust is sitting in my garage.

24. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    Cody:
    Sounds great with that muffler. Sorry we missed you on the N. Ga. mountain trip. The twin cars need to be reunited.
    Scott

25. ATLdoghouse

Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Will try and make one or both these meets, hope to catch up then!

Saturday May 20th, 2017 – Ferrari Go Kart Challenge Event at AMP
    Saturday May 27th, 2017 - Corso Coffee Ferrari Gathering