Hellcat | FerrariChat

Hellcat

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by alxforschnr, Apr 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    #1 alxforschnr, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good morning everyone, I am proud to share my new addition to the garage... a 2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat. "Needed" to lease a train car that I wouldn't have to worry about and have something to get groceries and take the kids to their sports classes while putting a smile on my face when driving alone. Dodge was having some crazy lease deals in March ( I looked at this exact Hellcat four months ago and the dealer wanted 4X the amount of money I put down and 50% more a month) I will say the sound of the exhaust and the supercharger whine is sublime. The sound is almost as intoxicating as my Scud. The car is scary fast in a straight line and straight scary around the bends. The interior is just scary. Below are some of my initial shots. I picked her up a few weeks ago and have yet to cross the 500 miles barrier to unlock the launch control and "fine tuning" of transmission and full power. The Scud and the GTR are sniper shots where as the Hellcat is a full on carpet bomb. I also enjoy the fact that this looks like a rental car to people who do not know what a Hellcat is. Unlike the Scud or GTR, no one pulls out a phone to take pictures or tries to race me. She is a true sleeper that will rip your face off.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
  3. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Great daily driver that will haul 4 in style. I hope they kept the great front seats I had in my 2006 SRT 8 Charger. It was a blast for 3 years, and turned it back in.

The local f/chat crew always loved my smokey burnouts at the end of an event.

Well played !

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
  5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    You will enjoy the car it gets better with each mile

Enjoy safely

Lee

6. kmeighannj

kmeighannj Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Congrats. The lease deals are still in place. Basically around $500 to 600 a month or so for 3 years if you put say 10% down. I'm looking too. It is a a lot of car for the money.

7. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Congrats, love the color. Hellcat charger is like the ultimate sleeper DD.
    Have fun. The blower whine is so awesome.

8. kmeighannj

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    #8 kmeighannj, Apr 22, 2017
    Mine is Green Go. I like crazy colors. Really aggressive leasing out there on these as the OP said. I'm impressed at how smooth driving it is and the non-obnoxiousness of the exhaust at cruising speeds. Lovely bark and rumble on start up, and of course, upon acceleration. Need to put miles on it to get past the break in period. My new DD.

9. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Cool car and color. I'm jonesing for Go Mango. Based on the lease deal, did they deal on the sticker?

10. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    That my friend is a beautiful color. My Hellcat is black which is okay.

These are fun cars and great dd.

Enjoy

Lee

11. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Looking at a 2016 base 6 spd Go Mango this week. Trying to get it under $60k. These cars will be two model years old very soon. I have been told the lease deals are easier on the 2017 models.

12. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    #12 Face76, Apr 27, 2017
  13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    #13 buddyg, Apr 27, 2017
    Love mine it's my daily driver even in the Michigan winters. (just put snow tires on).

I have 31,000 miles and had one of the first 2015's in my area. Great daily, super comfortable and wickedly fast.

Hoping to get a Demon and yes this is my Hellcat leaving a car show. Awesome pic!

14. kmeighannj

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Thanks, I am really impressed so far with what a great DD it is. Have had lots of Italian, German, and British cars over the years, and this really is a great combo of quick, powerful fast and comfortable. Doesn't have to be dialed up to 11 all the time, but when you want it to be, it is there. So far, so good. And it was a great deal given Dodge's aggressive lease terms. Hard to think of a better deal for what you get with this beast.

Kirk