In Dubai: 2010 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - $88,000 | FerrariChat

In Dubai: 2010 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - $88,000

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 3omar, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    #1 3omar, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    - Black exterior with Cuoio (dark tan) interior

- 83,000 kms (51,000 miles)

- Gulf (GCC) Spec

Owned it for years, dear to my heart… Nothing like driving a V12 to work everyday!

It actually pains me a little putting it up for sale… I’m in love with this car, but time to move on to the next Ferrari model…

This car seats four adults comfortably and transforms in an instant from a gentleman’s cruiser to a screaming monster at 7,500 rpm…

There are a couple of blemishes on the exterior from daily use, but it is perfect otherwise. I service it at the official dealer on time, tend to everything that needs maintenance without delay and sometimes even sit around at the dealer during service watching them work on it.

This is the mid-run update to the 612, produced from 2008 to 2010. Ferrari always give models a facelift midway through their lifetime. The 612 was updated in 2008 with an upgraded clutch and transmission, a glass roof, carbon ceramic brakes, a racing-style manettino switch on the steering wheel, reversing camera, a Bose audio system and cruise control.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    My kind of car!! glws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Looks good, great opportunity for someone to experience the V12.

If it were in the States I'd have to consider a second one!

4. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Love your car. I'd buy it today if it were logistically feasible to import and register.

5. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Thanks, Piper. I love it too!

I don't know exactly what's involved, but as you can see from my asking price, prices here in Dubai are a lot weaker than in the US. So even if the process is somewhat complex and expensive-ish, it might still make sense...

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Damn near impossible I'm afraid. OTO's here can go for $130-150k roughly, but with a third the miles you have on yours. If your car was in the states now, it'd be a bargain for someone like me that's not scared off by a high miles example. But by the time I got her all legal and on the road, it would no longer make sense. Believe me, I stared for a minute. She's pretty.

7. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Well, what can I tell ya? I love to drive it... It's the ultimate daily driver.

But I do understand the difficulties of exporting a car halfway around the world...

8. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Love the 612... especially with the challenge wheels..

I'd take this over an FF any day..!

9. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    One of the prettiest examples of a 612 I have ever seen! The combination of the color and wheels really sets it off!

GLWS!

10. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Omar,
    First, you have a beautiful car. A question from someone who has little knowledge of where you live. You can laugh, during after or both when reading my question.

Question :
    Dubai is in a desert. Though quite developed I would guess you get quite a few sand storms. How does all the fine sand affect the engine of a car?

--thanks
    --kim

11. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    No, it’s a fair question… We do get a lot of sandstorms here. But having lived in the gulf for 15 years, I have never had a sand- or dust-related problem with any of the cars that I have owned. But then again, all of my cars were/are from the modern era. I would imagine that a 1960s Ferrari would have issues.

Having said that, routine maintenance involves more frequent changes of air filters and cleaning of brake pads, etc. There’s also obviously a higher risk of sand or dust entering fuel or brake lines, but as I said, this has never happened to me.

You do have to clean cars more frequently, though… But at least rain is rare…

12. CdnDinoGTS

CdnDinoGTS Karting

Sep 2, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Al
    Stunning. Love the 612. GLWS brother

13. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    +1 even though I am mot a black car guy!

14. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Hello Omar - beautiful car - Can you elaborate on the "Gulf (GCC) Spec"?

Thanks,
    Rich

15. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    So I did some research on the GCC spec and found that a vehicle may or may not have catalytic converters and oxygen sensors - I would find it hard to believe your 612 does not - but does it?

16. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    GCC specs is a bit of a catch-all, used to describe a car that was originally purchased from a UAE dealer as opposed to a private import through Japan or the USA.

It doesn't always mean that there's a difference in spec, though for some cars it does... as a for example I had a USA spec Corvette C6, it differed from GCC spec in that the GCC spec cars didn't have heated seats and had a larger capacity cooling and a/c system.

I also had both US and GCC spec Dodge Durangos, no difference there at all, my 360 was a Japanese import but that had no differences either.

It's most unlikely that Omar's 612 has no cats and O2 sensors, my 360 had a failed o2 sensor and didn't pass its annual inspection in Dubai until I replaced it.

17. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    glws
    ..but having been to Dubai many times, the climate is incredibly hard on cars with temps well above 115F in the summer..

18. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    Still for sale?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat