Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 80 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Probably the best response possible to rudeness.

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    That kind of thing I hear about a lot here. Fortunately apart from the ice lolly throwing incident I mentioned (I think) a few pages back I have not done too badly.

A friend and about 7 years ago in his F355 was asked if he was a footballer. He was in 20's and I guess people assume the only way he could afford it at that age was to be a professional football player.

3. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    HAHAHAHA, That was funny, that's the first time anyone has asked me, " is that your real accent". I thought he was the one with the accent.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Excellent response.

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Perfect way to handle that - perfect response to an idiotic statement ;)

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, it was the best response. It would definitely infuriate him, which is ironic because that's what he was trying to do to you.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    "God bless you too!"

8. Tricycle

Tricycle Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    LA Cnty 4,083sqmiles
    Can't let this thread die..

Just today

Three phones at separate times video recording the 328 (kinda unnerving)

One older guy at light in 1990's pickup asking "Is it all you expected it to be?"
    I answered "oh yeah!" with a big smile and he answered "just wanted to know" with his own smile

Stopped for a coke and let an admirer sit inside the car as I took pictures of him with his phone from different angles. "Made his day"

Stopped off at butcher to pick up some vittles. Came out to a guy in a business suit taking pics of the car. Waited in the shadows til he was done and had walked away. :)

9. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Had a guy in a new corvette pulled up beside me at a light and asked if it was fast and then proceeded to tell me that Ferraris weren't as expensive as most people thought. He said he went with the vet because he wanted to do a lot of after market work and didn't want to give all that money to a dealer. The light couldn't turn green fast enough.

10. jgriff

jgriff Formula 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    In one day I got a marriage proposal at a stop light and a few minutes later a guy on a bike yelled "Your car is weak!".

11. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #1986 I'm 360 Canuck, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Many years again when I was a young man, I used to do minor work on my vette in front of my house....there was one guy who would frequently stop by and proceed to snidely point out how his vette was better than mine, more desirable year, more power etc. He never actually drove up in it though. I was a captive audience for his bragging as I wanted to finish my projects. I loved that old car. After about the 4th of his visits I flatly asked him why he came to bother me....his response was " he didn't know there were rules to conversation". I packed up my tools and went inside. Some ppl really are that small that they need to piss in your lemonade in order to feel better about themselves.
    And vette guys can be as big jerks as anybody.

12. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe

Amen to that! The only people who are jerks to me at car shows are Vette people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Having brunch at a restaurant in a mall. Parked in a spot very close to the last outdoor table. When we finished and returned to the car, there were two couples at the table. As I opened the door, got a very loud (almost angry) "Wait! You can't leave yet" I turned and said: "Is there a problem?" The guy responded: Yes! We're not through looking at your car yet"

My wife hates this stuff, but I got a good chuckle.

14. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Maybe if you accepted his proposal at the stop light, he wouldn't have been so angry.

15. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Pulled into a gas station looking for 91 ETOH-free, but didn't see it as there were about 20 pumps....but as I pulled away, 3 kids on motorcycles around 18-20something yelled, "come back, it right over here!" Pointing to the one solitary pump for ETOH-free gas.

Went back in and they went bonkers over the car while I filled up... very respectful and knowledgeable.... then a buddy of theirs pulled up in a truck and had clearly just finished his shift at a deli (his second job), and was the only one not wearing any metal on his jeans/shirt so I took him out for a quick spin. The kid couldn't have been more appreciative during and after the loop. Funniest thing he asked me was, "what's the MPG on this thing?"

My answer: "15-20 smiles per mile".... don't think he caught it, as his reply was "that's better than I thought!"

Great bunch of kids. There is hope for the next generation. :)

16. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My favorite would have to be:

1) People assuming right off the bat that I must have a trust fund. I've gotten quite a few park it before you wreck it or just because you are rich doesn't mean you can drive a high performance car like this remarks.

2) People that tells me stuff like they know the car better than me. I had someone tell me that their BS meter is going off because I claimed my front tires are 225 wide. I was like sorry, which ferrari do you own again?

17. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Great line, with a good sense of humor thrown in!

18. Penguin

Penguin Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
    I barely got my 2014 458 this past Sunday (first time owner here), and the attention it attracts is unreal. I've read posts of your guy's reactions on this forum so I had a mindset of what to expect, but it's pretty crazy to experience it first hand.

Plenty of people snapping pics and giving the thumbs up. It's pretty cool. Can't wait to see how this experience turns out over time.

19. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    We're not all bad.... I have 4 of them along with my 430. I just love all Muscle & Exotic Cars. Even the ones I can't or don't wanna afford yet.

Anyways... my last trip in my 430 a guy asked if I wanted to race, said he needed a 1 mile head start tho... all in good humor

20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I was at a gas station with F12. Guy pulls up with his wife, very cute, and says "wanna trade?" I said "only if the wife is part of the deal"...without skipping a beat he said, "sure!"
    She Looked at me, and I said "don't worry, I've got more of 'em."
    We had a good chuckle.
    :)

(Best part was I got in to leave and it turned over weakly, through some codes, auto-brake wouldn't release...I had to turn it off, sit 10 seconds and try again...thankfully the mighty F12 was able to pull away...)

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahaha, although I am making the assumption the cute remark was about his wife, not him? Hehe

22. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    It's pretty common to get a large reaction, at first.
    After a while, people around your usual haunts get used to seeing it.

Not everyone, but those who see it often.

One that cracked me up a bit: When I drove past a tourist hotel near DC, a kid standing with his parents yells out, "Holy ****! A Ferrari!".
    Had to wonder how much trouble he got into with his parents for that one. ;)

23. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    At a stop light recently right after getting my 85 308.

What year is it?

How fast you got it up too?

75mph

We both laughed.

24. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    that's one of my favorite parts of "Get Smart"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLsc0lQ46_8

the old woman with the camera phone kills me...every time.

sjd

25. Penguin

Penguin Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
    Good point. My city isn't super big, so I'm sure some people will get used to it. I'm loving the honeymoon phase though. Funny thing is that some people don't even seem to see the car (or care about it), but other people go bonkers, and there are reactions in between of coarse. Feels good to finally be in the F-car club.