430 6MT market price thread | Page 11 | FerrariChat

430 6MT market price thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by howl, Sep 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the data point. Your car was beautiful! Someone got a great deal, and congrats on the sale. Hope the new owner is a member here!

2. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    It sounds like you took great care of the car and got it sold quickly at a fair price rather than holding out for top dollar (many of the dealers seem to be taking the holding out for top dollar approach with the gated 430s). Congrats on your sale and thanks for the data point.

3. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    Just thought I'd provide an update on the number of 430 Manuals for sale in the US (via cars.com). Manual 430 for sale numbers remain very slim, even as compared to the other collectible 430 and 360 models.

430 Manual Coupe- 6
    430 Manual Spider- 6
    430 Scuderia- 34
    430 16m- 11
    360 Challenge Stradale- 8

4. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I just bought a 2006 F430 Spider with 21k km (13k miles) on the clock. Rosso Corsa with Nero interior, red stitching, red carpets. Manually-adjusted standard seats.

US$220k at today's exchange rate, however one must account for the 60% premium (due to duties & VAT) on cars in our region - which means the comparable number was US$137k.

To give you an idea, normal F1 F430 spiders are selling here for between US$170k - US$195k.

5. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Does that mean if you bought one for $137K US in the United States and imported it, the duties and VAT would end you at $220K?

6. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Correct.

We also have just 4 6-spd F430s that came into our market. An almost unbelievably low number. Our market doesn't share the same level of enthusiasm for manual cars as the more established markets - but they still command a premium here nonetheless.

7. Atny

Atny Rookie

Sep 27, 2012
    So with the 2 last comparable sales listed here, would it be fair to say that the market price for a gated 6 speed is about 150K right now?

8. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I originally set up this thread and watch it closely as well as other data. I think market is $160 - 190 right now. I think 150 is a little low unless over 30k miles, accident or some other wart (I personally don't consider higher mileage of a well maintained car a wart but significant discount in the world of Ferrari for miles). There have been some comps north of 200 but not for a while. 190 would be very low miles. I think the sweet spot is 170 - 180 based on recent market data. In the interest of full disclosure, I own a 6mt but have no intention of selling. I also am not an appraiser, just follow the market and this is my opinion. I set up the thread for three reasons:

- help those looking to buy and sell
    - help figure out right value for agreed insurance
    - curious.

9. TooTallMcGraw

TooTallMcGraw Rookie

Jul 19, 2016
    I recently bought a 2005 Gated 430 Spyder in the Mid 150's with 13k miles. I believe I got a killer deal considering what is on the market and the asking prices.

10. Atny

Atny Rookie

Sep 27, 2012
    TooTallMcGraw, what are the specs on your recently purchased F430?

And what do you guys think the price difference is from coupe to convertible?

11. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    Just curious, did you buy from a private party?

12. TooTallMcGraw

TooTallMcGraw Rookie

Jul 19, 2016
  13. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    #263 Cinque, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    That's what I figured, as I am guessing most of the dealers would not have gone that low on the price of a 6MT. With so few manual 430's for sale currently (only 3 manual 430 coupes and 7 manual 430 spiders for sale in the US on cars.com) it seems like the dealers are holding out for top dollar. One dealer told me there are so few available that they can hold out for the price they want knowing that if somebody really wants one, there are only so many they can buy.

In comparison, there are 33 Scuderias and 11 16Ms listed on cars.com in the US.

14. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's great, but some of those dealer's cars have been for sale for months/years now, whereas the lower private party asking prices are actually resulting in sales. It's all just supply and demand, and you have to go off of actual sales to determine the market, not the high prices dealers have been asking for a very long time without any buyers.

15. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Who would pay more for a six speed f430 than a scud???

Crazy!

Scuds will double in price in 3 years. I see so many for sale but I believe they will be viewed much better in the future than a regular f430 stick.

All of abive is my opinion only of course!

16. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    We'll see I guess. Depends if there is more demand for the last manual mid engine V8 Ferrari street car or for a track weapon. I think there were less manual 430's built than Scuds. Only time will tell.

17. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
    There were indeed much less manual F430 built than Scuds ! :)

18. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Rarity is one of the biggest price drivers. If dealers are holding out for top dollar then you can bet the eventual buyer, who knows they are appreciating, wont part with it for less.

19. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Also, at the risk of getting flamed, there are some great new track cars out there - look at McLaren. I think it is unlikely we will ever see another car like the 430 6MT. It is the last of a breed. I am biased (I own a 6MT) but I would be surprised if scuds appreciate while I will not be surprised to see 6MT's appreciate more.

20. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    The closest new car out there to a Manual 430 is the 911r (light flywheel, similar HP, similar weight, similar production numbers) and those are being listed for $300k over msrp and the car world/media has gone crazy for them! Makes the Manual 430 asking prices seem low relatively!

21. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    #271 Cinque, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    The Scud is in an interesting position between the 458 Speciale and the 360 CS. The Speciale is of course superior to the Scud performance wise (as is the regular 458) and gets the billing as the last naturally aspirated mid engined V8 and the ultimate track weapon in the line. The Scud banks on being raw and unrefined, but the 360 CS really is the top of the line when it comes to being a race car for the street and being raw and exciting. Also, the 360 CS is more rare than the Scud which in my opinion will insure that it retains its spot as the most collectible car.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Scud is an amazing car but can't imagine why they would double in price in 3 years as that would put Scuds at over $400k.

Will the Scud in the long run get overshadowed by the Speciale in terms of performance, and by the 360 CS in terms raw driving experience and rarity?

The Gated 430 is more rare than the Scud, and is the top performing and most powerful mid engined V8 Ferrari with a gated manual (with the exception of the F40 perhaps).

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    What kind of numbers do you estimate ?

23. TooTallMcGraw

TooTallMcGraw Rookie

Jul 19, 2016
    Black
    Tan Daytona Seats/Black Stripes
    Carbon Airbox
    Carbon Reservoir Tank
    Carbon Louvers
    Recently replaced carbon interior
    Carbon Shift Knob
    Gen2 Headers

24. ndanielc

ndanielc Karting

May 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Sounds like the buyer got a great deal. It was probably worth mid 170s, but you were ready to sell and it happened. Congrats.

25. ndanielc

ndanielc Karting

May 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Agreed, more like 170-190. Anything over 15k miles seems to take a 5-10k hit.