95 355 GTS RED/ TAN -MINT CONDITION | FerrariChat

95 355 GTS RED/ TAN -MINT CONDITION

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Yellow Compass, Apr 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi everyone YELLOW COMPASS GROUP is representing a beautiful 1995 355 red/tan low mileage!!! 355 GTS . We have been asked by the owner to handle this discreetly please feel free to give me a call I am more then happy to discuss all details with serious buyers .
    Look forward to chatting with you
    Mike

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Leaving out year/mileage/service?

I don't get it...just comes across too gimmicky

3. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi John , I don't know what you don't get ? like I said if you're serious pick up the phone and call me I am more than happy to explain everything if not then please don't call me

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    #4 JSinNOLA, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    I understand when people want discretion, but all I'm saying is that it just feels weird to be so "hush hush" about basic specs/facts to the point for it to require a phone call. And I doubt I'm the only person who is left feeling the same way. But hey, your thread, your business, etc...

Hope you get a good #$ for it

5. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Yea i agree, why not give us some details so we dont waste time calling for something that might have high mileage or need service or whatever

6. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  7. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Sorry, i have read it in the past, however, i do agree with the posters. When i read Michael's response (of Compass) to John, I personally thought it was rude. I thought that John's initial enquiry was fair. We live in the internet age where everything is at our fingertips. I am not going to waste my time calling anyone unless i have full information in advance. Maybe its just me but i think there are others that feel the same way judging from the posts.

It appears that Michael is a solid guy but this is not how i would run my business. Just saying.

8. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don't understand....There are currently at least 40 355's for sale between Ebay and Hemmings alone. Why would someone bother placing a call on a car without any description whatsoever. Conversely, , aren't you just exposing yourself to a lot of calls from buyers who are just shooting in the dark?

If anonymity is your client's concern, would divulging the mileage, recent service history, or any other relevant data actually allow a potential customer to zero in on the actual seller.

I understand you are probably just following the direction of the seller, which I think all of us can respect, but maybe its worth following up with him and asking permission to post some salient basic information regarding the car. Just my .02

9. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This whole story has been repeated too many times on Fchat..
    The problem with being a sponsor or advertiser is inherent with any internet blog / chat rooms.

That is Negativity is rampant among faceless posters..who aim to prove their masculinity by shooting down any target that comes on the scene..
    personally I am sick of it...If you are a serious prospective buyer..you call him.
    if you are a tire kicker who wants to kick up mud like bottom feeder fish ..you are not a serious buyer..point blank..If you have nothing good to say, shut your trap..if you have cash ready call him and find out...

Its like a broken record here..Lead , Follow or get out of the way..just dont biatch like a spoiled school girl.

10. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    When I am looking at buying a vehicle or anything for that matter if no price I don't bother and move on. Especially real estate that I have been known to buy and sell often. I wonder how many other serious buyers pass up ads like this due to lack of info posted?

11. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    #11 GaryR, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Or you could just go to the Compass site and look at the inventory to get an idea of his 355 pricing... :D

Maybe it's like this one (though its not a GTS)? 1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta

Maybe it's like this one (though it's a 1996 GTS)? - 1996 355 GTS

12. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #12 msdesignltd, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Figures you would pick this one....I bought it..not at that price though..
    Michael was too kind to sell it to me at the price I got it for.

There was not one hair out of place in my transaction
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    From a fellow dealer's perspective - this is not uncommon.
    Clients always want us to sell their cars without telling anyone about the car or advertising it. How they expect us to do that, I'm not sure, but Michael is at least attempting to respect his client's wishes. There are a number of good reasons for them not wanting their cars advertised publicly, but it does made it awkward if not difficult to market it properly.
    Don't shoot the messenger.

14. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #14 itsablurr, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
    As a counterpoint to a lot of the complaining in posts above, the Ferrari that I ended up buying was in fact a no pics, no price, no real description scenario. It involved some effort on my part as someone who was serious about finding a Ferrari, and the right one at that in the course of a somewhat lengthy search. As a serious buyer, I was willing to put forth that small effort and was well rewarded on the back end.

Generally speaking, a serious buyer that is actively looking, is ready to buy today, and is looking for the right car will explore all available avenues. Searches for these cars take time. Sure there may be a supposed 40 or 20 available at a given time, but on a protracted search, my time is spent on the churn that is significantly less. That seems to be Mike (and the seller's) position... filtering out the tire kickers for those who are actually, seriously searching and hungry for the right car. Perhaps there'll be some lost sales in the rub, but that's their prerogative. Sure, it may be mildly annoying to not be able to feast your eyes on some nice eye candy for the majority of rubberneckers trolling across the Ferrari listings, but whatever. Nothing to raise hell about. Move on.

15. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I checked out their inventory and site, and - aside from just being a sponsor - they seem to offer pretty special cars and know what they're doing. Objectively speaking, I thought the new forum rules required postings to state the price, at a minimum. Would have saved a lot of cranky Monday sniping.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Posting the price is not a requirement for an ad on this site. Should it be? This is not the place to express your opinions on that, take it to the main forums if it bothers you.

If a price is not posted, it is appropriate to ask for a price and then follow the seller's directions (such as "call me") about obtaining it. If you don't want to do that, don't. But it is not appropriate to berate the seller for conducting business in a different way than you expect.

Please end this line of discussion.

17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I repeat, end this line of discussion. I'm no longer saying "please".

This is not the discussion forum where a thread can be taken off track by any passerby that has an opinion. This is the advertising section and discussion is restricted to the pertinent facts regarding a car for sale. The question about posting a price has been answered, expression of opinion regarding that is not appropriate.

18. Saleenseeker

Saleenseeker Rookie

Sep 19, 2016
    To get this ad back to the OP. I am a customer of YC. He is a passionate Ferrarista. I am in the market for another 355. He gave me the details of this car for consideration. From his description it is a low mileage, around 9k miles... pristine concourse type car with a maintenance record a mile long. I would love to add it to my collection, but in my case I am looking for a driver type 355 with maybe about 15 to 20k miles. I already own a 355 that is a low miler garage queen, I don't want 2 of them.

19. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Saw this GTS in person a few weeks ago and it's really nice. Can't remember the exact mileage but I do remember thinking it was lower than my '97 when I bought it years ago (at 19K miles).

I thought about selling my '97 Berlinetta to make room for it, and ultimately decided to just keep my stable intact and let another owner (who really loves the GTS model) to get in this car.

A low mileage red/tan '95 gated GTS is a coveted model. Not a lot of them out there for sale, and so if you're interested definitely check this one out.

20. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thanks Brian ! I appreciate the kind words it definitely is a beautiful car .

21. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    This 1995 355 Red/Tan GTS with low mileage is a beautiful car with a great service history!!
    It is reasonably priced
    If you are truly interested in this car all you have to do is pick up the phone I am more than happy to discuss every detail with you 😎
    Thanks
    Mike

22. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I'm a 360 guy but I must say that is one beautiful 355.. as i'm sure the OP's current FS car is!

23. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It's kinda funny that a car that has averaged less than 1,000 miles per year is considered a "driver".

Beautiful car. GLWS.